The quality of life of many women is affected by the embarrassing problem of constant itching in the breasts. Although, we always recommend visiting a specialist, these natural treatments for itchy breasts could alleviate your problem.
There are many home remedies that help soothe itchy breasts during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Also, there are some treatments that can help get rid of the underlying cause of the itch.
In this article, you will learn some of the best ways to get rid of itchy breasts. You will also discover the healing properties of some ingredients that you always had in your kitchen. But, if the problem continues or the appearance of your breasts is visibly serious, you should consult a doctor.
The best natural treatments to remove itchy breasts
Next, we will go through some of the best recipes to get rid of itchy breasts. These recipes are also helpful in relieving persistent itchy nipples.
1. Coconut oil and tea tree oil
If your itchy breasts are caused by eczema or fungal infection, you can use a mixture of these ingredients. Both natural ingredients have antimicrobial properties that can eliminate different types of itchy infections. Additionally, the fatty acid content of coconut oil makes it an excellent natural skin moisturizer.
Various specialists point out that coconut oil is an effective natural treatment for eczema and has antiseptic properties. Therefore, coconut oil provides deep hydration for the skin and helps repair damaged skin.
How to use:
This is what you should do with both ingredients to get rid of itchy breast or nipple:
- Mix 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil with a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil.
- Gently apply the coconut oil remedy on the irritated skin of the breast or nipple.
Apply three times a day and until the itching of the breast has stopped and there are no rashes.
2. Apple cider vinegar to cure itchy breasts
Due to its low pH, apple cider vinegar is one of the natural remedies indicated for itchy breasts. It also contains acetic acid, a natural antiseptic, which can help eliminate the underlying cause of the itching.
How to use:
It is quite easy to reduce itchy breasts by applying apple cider vinegar to irritated skin. This is the method to get rid of the itch:
- Mix equal amounts of raw apple cider vinegar and water.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture to the stinging area on the breast and allow it to dry.
If the remedy irritates the skin, wash with lukewarm water and increase the amount of water in the next application.
3. Oatmeal bath
Oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory compounds that can eliminate sore nipples and itchy breasts. Oatmeal also helps cleanse and hydrate the skin to prevent dry skin conditions. Compounds in oatmeal act as anti-irritants, relieving itching and reducing irritation.
How to use:
This is what you should do to heal the itch with an oatmeal bath:
- Add 1 to 2 cups of ground oatmeal to a bath of warm water.
- Mix the oatmeal well into the water to release the healing compounds from the oatmeal.
- Soak in oatmeal water for 20 minutes.
- Rinse in the shower.
4. Aloe vera
Another way to cure itchy breasts or irritated nipples is to use the healing power of aloe vera. Aloe vera contains many vitamins and nutrients that nourish damaged skin and attack the causes of itching.
How to use:
Use aloe vera gel if you have itchy breasts or nipples, applying it in this way:
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Massage the gel into the itchy rash on your breasts using gentle circular motions.
- Use 2 to 3 times a day and allow the aloe vera to dry.
Continue using until the itching has stopped and you no longer have irritated skin.