Bruising can be common. Children stumble and fall all the time, starting with their first steps. They run, fall and can be hit, all of this can cause bruising.
Bruises can turn bluish or black colors until they dissolve into brownish tones that in the case of adults can be unsightly and many want to eradicate. But you can remove bruises very easily, following the instructions listed below.
Natural treatment for bruises
Some bruises that we acquire as adults are minor, although in certain circumstances very large bruises can occur. While not all bruises can go away quickly and easily disappear, for most there are simple remedies to reverse them. The best part is that you can take care of them at home with this series of natural solutions for bruises.
What are bruises or hematomas?
Bruising is often called the effect of an incident that happens to the skin in a traumatic way. The skin is the largest organ in the body and is the protection of it. Thus, he is often caught in the middle and experiences cuts, trauma, and bumps. Another common cause of bruising is when the skin thins and this is a natural process, which occurs as we age.
The most common bruises
- Subcutaneous impacts (under the skin)
- Intramuscular (underlying muscle) contusions
- bone bruises (on bones)
Of the three main forms of bruising mentioned above, subcutaneous bruising is easiest to heal at home. Intramuscular hematomas should be cared for by people with sufficient knowledge. bone bruising that occurs in the bones needs medical attention and should not be left unattended.
Remove bruises at home
Home remedies for bruises can be effective in treating subcutaneous bruises, which affect the superficial layers of the skin. Bruising and inflammation are the most common symptoms of subcutaneous bruising.
Hematoma refers to the coloration of the skin, where the capillaries in the underlying layers are damaged and the skin turns a range of colors from blue to red, yellow and purple. The swelling may or may not accompany the bruising.
1. Apply cold compresses on bruises
One of the most used treatments to eliminate bruises is the application of a cold compress, remember that you must avoid direct contact of ice with the skin, to avoid other consequences.
2. Applying a warm compress
Using a warm compress activates blood circulation in that area, thus speeding up the healing process. It is recommended to use it after the inflammation subsides. This compress can also relieve pain that occurs after a blow and subsequent swelling of the area. You should apply it smoothly and in a circular motion.
3. Apply raw egg
To reduce the temperature of a bruise, which can sometimes feel hot, using a raw egg can reduce the heat that usually occurs in the bruise. The best way to do this is to place the egg yolk directly on the surface of the bruise and leave it for about 30 to 45 minutes.
4. Parsley for bruises
The parsley can be applied in the area of the bruise the skin to reduce inflammation. It should be applied at regular intervals until the skin returns to its normal temperature and color.
The ginger is another very beneficial herb to treat inflamed skin and bruising. You do not need to peel them, you just have to wash it very well, crush it and apply it to the inflamed bruise and leave it attached, it can be with a bandage, (if possible) or keep it in place as much as you can.
For better results you can put the ginger on the skin overnight and if you combine it with the cold compress you will get faster results to eliminate bruises and hematomas on your body.
Other remedies for small bruises
For small bruises, there are quick and reliable remedies. The following home remedies are particularly suitable for this:
- Passing a calendula or arnica ointment over the area reduces the appearance of bruises, it also helps reduce pain.
- Quark shell that needs to be changed every four to twelve hours.
- A linen bag with soft, boiled potatoes. To do this, place the hot pack on the affected area and wrap it with a bandage.
- Use apple cider vinegar. To quickly dilute small bruises, you should apply a gauze or bandage previously moistened with a good amount of apple cider vinegar, you can massage the affected area and thus activate circulation so that blood does not accumulate and the bruise can dissolve.
- Using aloe vera is another very good option to treat bumps and their aftermath. Aloe vera compounds are beneficial for a large number of ailments, but mainly acíbar can help us deal with these bumps, as it has anti-inflammatory properties that favor skin regeneration, it can quickly relieve bruises.
- Placing a potato on the bruise promotes circulation and prevents the typical marks of the blow from forming on the skin. Potato enzymes are what do all the work, since they help us to recover the cells that have been affected, improving the appearance of a blow.