One feels allergic reactions when the body’s immune system reacts to allergens in the air or the foods and medications that are consumed. While avoiding allergy-causing agents is the best way to stay healthy, nature has several foods that can help protect you. against symptoms. And, one of the most effective remedies is apple cider vinegar for allergies. Vinegar has strong properties that help lower inflammation levels in the body. And this is how you can naturally relieve seasonal allergies.
Table of Contents
Drinking apple cider vinegar to relieve allergies.
If you normally develop symptoms during specific seasons of the year, the best way to use vinegar is to drink a teaspoon with a glass of water every morning or 2 to 3 times a day, also eating a healthy diet where green leafy vegetables are abundant and avoiding foods processed.
Experts recommend that instead of getting the purified version of apple cider vinegar for allergies, you may want to go for the organic, unfiltered version, which contains colonies of beneficial bacteria also called “La Madre.” You can identify this version by its cloudy appearance. Here is another tip. If you think the acidic content of vinegar is irritating your stomach, add a pinch of baking soda.
There are several other methods to use the therapeutic properties of apple cider vinegar. Read below to understand some of them:
Using apple cider vinegar as a nasal rinse for allergies.
Even when taken orally, apple cider vinegar can help loosen mucus that is produced in the nose, throat, and lungs. But, for the most effective results, consider using the liquid as a nasal rinse:
- Make a solution with a quarter teaspoon of vinegar and 8 ounces of warm water.
- Shake well and then fill a neti pot.
- Stand over your bathroom sink and tilt your head to one side, pour the liquid into one nostril, and let it drain out the other. Expect a certain amount of irritation.
- If you feel that some of the liquid is running down your throat, cough.
- Blow your nose to remove excess solution.
- Now repeat these steps with the other nostril.
If you think you can tolerate a higher dose, consider adding 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar for sinus allergies.
Using apple cider vinegar with honey.
If you have seasonal allergies caused by pollen in the air, you can adjust your body to it by taking local honey regularly. Local honey is the honey that is grown closest to where you live (it should be within 20 miles). Bees collect pollen from your area that ends up in honey. It then builds up in your system and you can become immune to pollen in your area, therefore lessening your allergies. However, it may not work for everyone.
Not only is Organic Apple Cider Vinegar rich in vitamins and minerals, it is known to block histamine reactions which cause hypersensitivity to environmental allergies. So, by drinking it (it is recommended to dilute it with water), this should alleviate some allergies on its own.
- 1 tablespoon of local honey.
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar.
- Hot water.
Place the honey and apple cider vinegar in a tall glass and fill it with warm water. Stir to dissolve the honey and drink immediately. Take this twice a day. You can also add a splash of lemon for extra flavor.
Making a toner with apple cider vinegar.
You can create this toner and store it before allergy season begins. It takes 2 to 6 weeks of fermentation to have this preparation ready. But, once you have it, drinking one ounce every day will give you relief from symptoms.
Tonic with vinegar to relieve allergies.
You will need equal amounts of:
- Fresh horseradish (grated).
- Fresh ginger (grated).
- Garlic cloves (minced).
- Onion bulbs (chopped).
- Green herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage, basil).
- Cayenne peppers (chopped).
- 1 bottle raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
Take a clean glass jar and add the ingredients, except for the vinegar, until the jar is almost three-quarters full.
- Cover with the apple cider vinegar gradually to an inch from the rim of the jar.
- Close the lid tightly and shake.
- Place in a cool, dark place and leave to ferment. Shake the bottle twice a day.
- Let the mixture sit for 2 to 6 weeks.
- Strain and drink an ounce as needed.
To help you deal with the symptoms of any allergies you have, your doctor may recommend medications and take certain precautions. Consider supplementing the advice with natural methods like these that can help bring you relief.
You have allergy? Test it!