The heels and elbows are usually a part of the body that dries easily and also a very neglected area that we do not pay enough attention to. Due to their lack of nutrition, they appear with that unhealthy appearance. But softening the heels and elbows in a natural way is very easy and simple because we can use natural products that we all frequently have at home.
Smooth heels and elbows naturally thank to lemon
- Lemon will help soften your elbows in a simple way such as cutting a lemon right in half and rubbing that area of your body three times a day. It is convenient to leave it on for ten minutes so that the acidity of the lemon penetrates and then wash it with plenty of water.
- We can also apply a mixture based on 15 drops of squeezed lemon juice, a teaspoon of honey and another of olive oil and apply to the area. Let it act for a few minutes and rinse with water.
- Try lemon sugar as a natural scrub to smooth your heels and elbows. Cut a lemon and dip the skinless part in sugar. Rub your elbows and heels for four minutes and leave for about 25 minutes. Then clean with water.
Remember that when you use lemon as a natural product to improve the health and appearance of your skin, you must wash your skin well before exposing yourself to the sun or it could be harmful and generate annoying stains. Learn more about how to make a natural citrus scrub.
Other methods to soften heels and elbows naturally
- Surely many of us have or have had at home some oval or rectangular stones of white or grayish color, of little weight and with a somewhat ugly appearance. They are known as pumice stones, widely used by specialists such as podiatrists and beauticians for their effects on the skin.
This stone of volcanic origin is ideal for our heels due to its exfoliating power and will also eliminate rough edges. To achieve this, you should gently rub the pumice stone on your heels so as not to cause irritation on the skin. Then rinse your feet with water and dry them well.
- You can naturally soften your elbows thanks to grapefruit. This fruit of the tree that bears the same name will serve us to fulfill two functions. On the one hand we can make a natural juice based on two grapefruits with which we cover the recommended daily amount in Vitamin C and with its peel, we will end up with those dry elbows. Simply before our shower we will have to rub the inner part of the grapefruit peel on our elbows.
- Combine honey and cinnamon by mixing four tablespoons of honey with one tablespoon of cinnamon. You can apply it on the areas to be treated and leave it to act for about 25 minutes, to finally remove it with plenty of water.
- Yogurt along with oatmeal flakes can be used daily to hydrate and soften the skin on your elbows and heels. When you are going to apply the products on the area, it is the ideal time to proceed to mix two tablespoons of oatmeal with half yogurt. You must rub each area for 10 minutes and let it rest for another 30 to act. Afterwards, you will only have to wash with water.