The turmeric is known for being one of the herbs most powerful. It is very good for the bones and joints, as it has anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents metastasis from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
Turmeric is also a natural liver detoxifier. According to research, curcumin, which is the main component of turmeric, delays liver damage that can eventually lead to cirrhosis.
Turmeric is also an excellent kidney cleanser. Almost all kidney problems are caused by inflammation. Turmeric is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory substance that works very well with no side effects.
This excellent spice also speeds up the metabolism helping to control weight. In addition to it heals and alleviates the conditions of depression, psoriasis, damaged skin, arthritis and more.
These are some reasons why you should include more turmeric in your diet, and as a sample we offer you a recipe for you to prepare a delicious and healthy juice designed to benefit your kidneys and your liver. Excellent Ayurveda recipe that has been used since ancient times.
Turmeric juice for liver and kidney problems.
- 5-7 inches (12-17 cms) fresh turmeric root.
- 5-7 tamarind (if you cannot easily buy tamarind instead you can use mango and if you use it, you will have to skip the softening process that the tamarind requires, just peel the mango and grind directly with the turmeric when required by the step).
- 2 lemons.
- Pure honey to taste.
- Glass jar with lid.
- Peel the turmeric. Your fingers turn yellow. Don’t worry, lather completely and it will bring out the color. If your cutting board or countertop gets stained, put soap on them and scrub, letting them soak for 5 minutes or more, then scrub with water and a sponge. The turmeric stain will fade.
- Remove the peels from the tamarind. Make sure to remove all the internal roots, too. We are only going to use the inner fruit.
- Fill a large pot with water, put the peeled turmeric and boil for at least 20 minutes until the water turns into a rich and vibrant marigold color.
- While the water with the turmeric is boiling, get a container and pour 2 cm of water into it with the peeled tamarind. Move the fruit with a wooden utensil, so that it mixes with the water so that it can melt and soften the texture. No more water should be needed, but if necessary, pour more. The seeds will begin to show when it has reached the point we are looking for in the tamarind in water. When the texture looks smooth, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Return to the water with the turmeric. By now, the color should be ready. Pour in some cold water to lower the temperature. Take the turmeric water and pour it into the blender with the turmeric. We boiled it so the root could soften and have more flavor, now it’s ready to grind in the blender for even more flavor and richness. Mix, mix, mix. The color should look like a fiery calendula.
- Return the tamarind to the pan, passing through a strainer.
- Pour into the blender the tamarind strain that has been captured in the container with the turmeric water. Blend in the blender.
- We are almost done. Squeeze the lemons in the blender. Pour your delicious juice into a mason jar. Add the honey to taste, close with the lid very well and shake until mixed.
- Store in a refrigerator for up to 3-4 days and drink every day!