The appearance of pimples on the back is unsightly and can be due to multiple causes. Often, it is necessary to go to the dermatologist to receive an effective treatment according to its cause.
The pimples on the back are great enemies of our skin and pose an aesthetic problem. They can appear for different causes and, therefore, their treatment can vary. Below we review its main triggers and some recommendations to combat them.
Why do I get pimples on my back?
The pimples on the back can appear in both men and women, and at any age, being adolescence a key moment for the development of acne, since there are continuous hormonal changes.
The skin on the back is thicker than in other areas of the body, which makes pores more easily clogged as a result of excess sebum or accumulation of dead cells.
Sometimes this dermatological disorder occurs not only on the back, but also on the shoulders and arms. This condition is known as acne and can occur in a number of ways.
It has already been discovered that there is a bacterium that has a direct influence on the appearance of pimples: Propionibacterium acnes, a microorganism found in the normal microbiota of the skin.
It has recently been described that it does not have the same behavior in all skin types and, in addition, there are different strains that make this microbe more or less aggressive.
However, the origin of the appearance of granites on the back is multifactorial, since in addition to the role of P. acnes, it is the result of various internal and external factors.
Causes of pimples on the back
The pimples on the back are mainly due to:
- Excessive production of sebum: The back area has more active sebaceous glands, with which there is a greater tendency to the appearance of pimples.
- Hyperkeratinization of the epidermis and accumulation of dead cells.
- Hormonal factors.
- Genetic predisposition.
In addition, pimples on the back can appear at any age as a result of continuous exposure to stress or bad daily habits. Other possible causes can be:
- Bad nutrition. Foods high in trans fats or sugars, which unbalance blood glucose levels and accumulate in the form of fats, affect the health of the skin.
- Abuse of dietary supplements. that usually contain testosterone, which can lead to hormonal imbalance.
- Incorrect hygiene of the area and use of inappropriate products.
- Consumption of drugs. such as corticosteroids, antiepileptics or some antipsychotics are acne inducers.
- Moisture and excessive sweating. The back is an area that remains covered for most of the day, this together with sweat and the use of too tight clothing favors the clogging of skin pores.
Recommendations to combat pimples on the back
To prevent the uncomfortable appearance of pimples on the back, it is important to take into account some considerations and carry out a routine of body cleansing.
1. Maintain proper hygiene
Hygiene plays a fundamental role in the appearance of pimples. It is important that when bathing this area is not forgotten; you can use soft bristle brushes for cleaning. Use the right cosmetic products for your skin type, pH neutral soaps and exfoliants.
2. Avoid wearing tight clothing
Wear loose clothing so that your skin breathes. The very tight garments, and keeping the back moist for a long time, favors the clogging of the pores of the skin. So, after exercising, change your shirt and take a shower as soon as possible.
3. Eat well and stay hydrated
Make a proper diet to avoid the abuse of sugars, saturated fats and trans fats, since they can worsen the presence of pimples.
4. Be careful with sun exposure
We should not expose the back to excessive solar radiation, as it could worsen acne, in addition to causing spots and scars. Exposure to the sun should be moderate, always using a good non-comedogenic sunscreen.
5. Don’t touch the pimples
Do not squeeze or scratch them, you could infect the area and lead to further inflammation.
6. Seek professional help
Sometimes these measures are not enough. If the problem is not eradicated by carrying out the recommended routines, it is convenient that a specialized doctor or dermatologist treat your problem to prevent it from progressing. The use of dermatological formulations suitable for your skin type is essential.