An excellent preparation to relieve cough symptoms can be achieved with the use of ginger, it can also relieve flu symptoms as well.
The ginger is used for culinary purposes and can be used to treat coughs and flu among many other uses. The plant has hundreds of benefits for the human body and favors the reinforcement of immune functions.
One of the most common uses of ginger is the consumption of it in infusions to calm coughs, flu and colds.
Ginger tea for the flu
When the first symptoms appear, we must carry out the following preparation:
You will need to:
- 3 cups of water
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 3 slices (1/4 inch thick) fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- 1 pinch of cayenne (start with this and add more to taste; the more you can handle the better)
- 1 ½ tablespoons raw honey (more or less can be added to achieve desired sweetness)
- Add all the ingredients (except honey) to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the honey and stir, adding more honey if necessary.
- Pour the tea through a strainer and drink while it is hot.
Ginger to treat cough
On the other hand, we can use ginger to combat coughs and reduce mucus, for this we must prepare the following mixture:
Chop an ounce of ginger into small pieces and put it on the heat until it boils for at least 5 minutes on low heat. Add honey and a touch of pepper, to measure so that the mixture is not disgusting, if you wish we can add lemon to enhance the taste.
These mixtures are infallible to soothe sore throats and congestion, since ginger acts as an anti-inflammatory. Some add ingredients such as guava and gapefruit to infusions to attack both the flu and other types of conditions together, but their mixture can be bitter.
Finally, it is always advisable to replace sugar with honey, as it has great properties that help with respiratory infections. It is also good to have frozen ginger, since in this way it is preserved and in the event of any flu or cold symptoms, we can use it immediately.
If you suffer from an important flu picture and your symptoms are not very controllable and you cannot treat the cough by any means to reduce the discomfort, the most advisable thing is to consult a specialist for its correct evaluation, however there are many natural options to treat these symptoms when it comes to a normal flu-like state.