Could home and natural remedies for piles help the inflamed varicose veins that occur around the rectum and anus to be treated effectively? The answer is yes, these remedies can improve and even cure piles, so read on and find out how.
What are piles or hemorrhoids?
Although it seems ironic, the suffering of hemorrhoids can often be used to make jokes, but these jokes will only be for those who do not suffer from it, since the pain it produces is too intense and the consequences of acute hemorrhoids can become serious.
Piles or hemorrhoids are varicose veins or inflammation of the veins in the rectum and anus. Popularly they are also known by the name of piles. Anatomically they are plexuses, cushions or pads of submucosal tissue where the venules and superficial arterioles of the anal canal are contained.
Keep in mind that if the piles are not treated sooner rather than later, they will enlarge and become a problem. So before going to our home remedies, we are going to know what the symptoms of piles are.
Symptoms of piles
- Sharp pain
What are the causes of hemorrhoids?
What Causes Piles and Hemorrhoid Disorders? Learn about some of these causes and consider whether any of them may apply in your case.
- Sitting or standing for long periods.
- Prolonged bouts of constipation resulting in straining when it becomes difficult to “go.”
- Lift heavy objects
- Lack of exercise.
- Liver damage.
- Food allergies.
- Insufficient dietary fiber.
What are the different types of piles?
Know what are the different types of piles and their appearance:
The external piles
These bulging veins develop under the skin on the right side outside the anal cavity. Piles can swell, turn purple, and become extremely painful.
This inflammation of the veins occurs within the lower part, in the area known as the rectum, at the end of the colon. Internal piles are usually painless, but they tend to bleed and when they bleed, the blood is a very bright red color.
When the set of inflamed veins comes out of the rectum, what is known as rectal prolapse can occur, which will be accompanied by a discharge of mucous membranes and abundant bleeding.
These hemorrhoids can become thrombosed (form clots inside) and when this actually happens the pain can become unbearable.
Home remedies for piles or hemorrhoids
Now if we get to the part where you can find some natural solutions to treat hemorrhoids, but as we always mentioned, the severity of them should be evaluated by a specialist if the symptoms and conditions you suffer are very acute.
Natural treatment for mild piles
- Horse tail
- The juice of 1 lemon
For its preparation you simply have to heat water and when it is hot adding the horsetail leaves and let the infusion prepare for about 10 to 15 minutes, then remove the leaves with a strainer. To take advantage of its benefits to treat piles and enhance its effect, add lemon juice to this infusion and drink it before meals.
Effective remedy for external piles
- Apple cider vinegar
You must soak the cotton in apple cider vinegar and add water, it can be applied directly on the piles, it is very effective for bleeding piles because it can stop the bleeding. It also works great for inflamed piles for quick relief.
Home remedies for internal hemorrhoids
You should fry an eggplant. In the container where you have fried them, a kind of oil that the aubergines have emanated will remain, with a gauze you will spread that oil and you can apply it to the affected area. To further strengthen this home remedy, it is advisable to wash the next day with chamomile water or directly apply the warm chamomile tea bag.
Home remedy for inflamed piles
The properties of tomato are very effective in reducing inflammation of piles. You can keep the tomato in the refrigerator and when it is cold you remove it and take a slice; this should be applied on the inflamed hemorrhoid and you will notice a quick relief from the pain.
Effective remedy for painful piles
Add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to a glass of fruit juice and drink this mixture once a day. This remedy does not work immediately but internally it will help you heal hemorrhoids and prevent them from becoming painful.
Cayenne pepper is good for many things, and one of them is that it is a completely natural pain reliever, and it also detoxifies the colon making bowel movements easier.
Other home remedies and natural tips for piles
- Using creams and ointments can be of great help to protect the skin in that area, this will help relieve itching and will be a preventive so as not to aggravate the problem further. Zinc oxide cream or ointment can be effective and is recommended. Coconut oil can also be of great help in that area, as can vitamin E.
- Putting an ice-filled bag right on the affected area for a few minutes reduces swelling and pain.
- Do 25-minute sitz baths with water and Epson salts immersing the hips and buttocks, this can help reduce discomfort from irritation.
- Stimulate the digestive system by doing aerobic exercise routines for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Go to the bathroom to evacuate when you feel the need, instead of going to push, since this avoids the pressure that does not benefit the recovery of the hemorrhoids.
- Use a cushion when you have to sit for long or short periods.
- There are alternative options of Aryuvedic medicine such as Triphala, it corrects constipation by working as a tonic for the intestine.
- Calendula is an herb that can be applied topically in ointment or compresses.
- And you should also consider something very important: stress is a factor that forms and / or worsens piles. You should consider treating it either through exercise, yoga, meditation, or therapy that helps you control it.