The benefits of a correct mouthwash are of great importance to maintain oral hygiene and health in general, therefore, learning to make our own antiseptic mouthwashes can help us fight against many oral health problems.
Advantages of using homemade mouthwash.
Oral care is vital to our health. Health and diet have even been known to cure cavities. Rinsing your mouth with a cleansing rinse is an important part of good oral hygiene. And there are many advantages to doing it yourself:
- It is cheap. You can create your own mouthwash at a fraction of the cost of store bought ones and you continue to experience great results.
- You control the ingredients. Making your own mouthwash allows you to control the quality of what you put in your mouth.
- There are no hidden chemicals. Commercially prepared products are often loaded with additives such as preservatives, colorants, artificial sweeteners and a multitude of harmful chemicals. Eliminate everyone to do it yourself!
Variety of homemade recipes for mouthwash. There is a wide variety of different recipes to meet the needs of each individual. These are just some examples of the homemade preparations that you can make to leave your mouth completely clean:
To make this recipe you need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 3 drops of peppermint essential oils.
Mix all the ingredients in a glass jar and then you should shake it well before using. Do several rinses and spit it out? It is advisable to store it in a glass jar.
Old-fashioned oral disinfectant.
In this case we will need to have 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Combine the ingredients and store in a glass jar. As in the previous case, it is advisable to shake it well before using. The use process is the same as the previous one.
Mouth rinse with hydrogen peroxide.
You will need: 1 part hydrogen peroxide mixed with 1 part water. Do several rinses in the mouth, and then you should spit it out. Make a single-use mix enough and then discard the extra solution, as it’s best to use it ready-made right away.
It is not really a mouthwash, but you can rub a lemon wedge on stained teeth for a whitening effect, plus lemon can help keep your mouth bacteria free.
Create an herbal infusion by adding 2 cups of boiling water, to 1/2 ounce of cloves, 1 ounce of Oregon grape root, and 1 ounce of rosemary in a small glass jar, leaving overnight. In the morning strain the infusion with a piece of cheesecloth. Rinse in the mouth, then spit. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator this way it will keep for 1 week.
Simple mouthwash with essential oil.
To make this preparation we will need to add 20 drops of these essential oils to 1 cup of water: cinnamon, cloves, wintergreen, or tea tree oil. Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar. Shake well before each use in order to distribute the essential oils. It will keep on the bathroom counter indefinitely.
Homemade antiseptic mouthwash.
- 150 ml apple cider vinegar.
- 4 ounces of water.
- 45 ml ounce vegetable glycerin.
- 1/2-ounce myrrh gum powder (antiseptic properties).
- 5 drops of cinnamon essential oils.
- 5 drops of clove essential oils.
Combine all the ingredients in a small glass jar. A gita very well to mix and that’s it, you have your rinse ready to use.
Ingredients that help maintain a healthy mouth.
- Myrrh gum has a broad spectrum of antiseptic properties. It is also well known as an anti-inflammatory – excellent for use in treating oral ailments and gum disease.
- Cinnamon contains many antimicrobial properties as well. It also works as a natural preservative.
- Essential oils and cloves can be used to cure and prevent cavities. Relieves toothache. And it can also act to decrease oral infections due to its antiseptic properties.
- Apple cider vinegar kills bacteria and freshens breath.