A by-product of the petroleum industry is widely known as petroleum jelly. This jelly is used as a main ingredient to prepare petroleum jelly. You can be a loyal customer of Vaseline, which is one of the most popular winter products. But are you aware that the petroleum jelly used in petroleum jelly is really bad for our skin? There are, for your peace of mind, ways to make natural Vaseline at home; read on to learn a simple and practical way.
What is Vaseline?
The commercial petroleum jelly that uses petroleum jelly, blocks the pores of the skin and therefore our body becomes unable to eliminate the toxins through the pores of the skin. Some researchers have also supported Vaseline’s damaging effect on the skin.
Vaseline is a chemical that has an adverse effect on our immune and nervous systems if we use these products regularly.
Medical research also claims that long-term use of petroleum jelly can lead to neurological disorders, cancer in children and adults, as well as autoimmune disorders.
According to research from environmental working groups, petroleum-based cosmetic safety evaluations revealed that they consist of an impurity called 1,4-dioxane that can be the main cause of cancer.
Thus, the common petroleum jelly that we find in stores is made from these petroleum derivatives. However, there is a natural petroleum jelly that is free of all chemicals and can be easily prepared at home.
Homemade Natural Vaseline Recipe.
Natural Vaseline can be prepared at home and is very simple to make, and all its ingredients are 100% natural and very easy to obtain.
- 1 ounce of beeswax (approximately 30 grams).
- 1/2 cup olive oil (about 1/2 cup).
- In a pot or saucepan pour the beeswax and olive oil.
- Heat the preparation over low heat and stir gently with a wooden spoon.
- Once the beeswax is melted and mixed with the olive oil you will notice a complete homogeneous mixture without lumps.
- Pour the preparation into a glass container. You must do this procedure taking advantage of its state, since once cold it will be impossible to pour the preparation into a container.
- If you want the natural petroleum jelly to be thicker and more full-bodied, you can slightly increase the measure of beeswax.
- It is recommended to use extra virgin olive oil for greater purity.
- If you want to give it a more pleasant aroma, you can add 1/2 teaspoon (3 drops) of some essential oil (lavender, mint, anise, roses, etc.) to the preparation.
- If you want your natural Vaseline to be even thicker and more consistent, you can add cocoa or shea butter to the recipe .
- You can buy beeswax at any natural product store.
- You must make sure that the glass jar where you pour the natural petroleum jelly is completely dry and very well disinfected. A pyrex container is recommended.
Homemade Natural Vaseline Recipe with Coconut Oil.
The following is another alternative way to prepare your homemade natural Vaseline and that uses, in addition to olive oil, coconut oil, which has excellent properties for the skin.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil.
- 1/8 cup olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax.
- Essential oil of peppermint or tea tree 3-5 drops.
- Take a small saucepan, and add ¼ cup of coconut oil, along with 2 tablespoons of beeswax to it.
- Mix properly and heat it over medium heat until the mixture has melted.
- Remove from the heat and add 1/8 cup of olive oil to it.
- Mix well to make a suitable jam as consistency.
- Add 3-5 drops of peppermint or tea tree essential oil and whisk the mixture to obtain creamy jelly that can be poured.
- Pour the gelatin into a glass jar and store in the fridge.
Make your own Vaseline and protect your skin as well as your health from toxic cosmetic creams. These simple recipes for natural petroleum jelly can be used as an excellent moisturizer, as a very effective lubricant, and all the common uses of traditional petroleum jelly. It is recommended to store your natural petroleum jelly in a ventilated dry place, away from high and low temperatures.
Use these Vaseline recipes daily to keep your skin soft and hydrated. You can use these petroleum jelly preparations for 1 year as it will stay fresh for a long period of time.
Thinking of starting your own business and being self-sufficient? This is a good idea!