Watermelon seeds are very dense in nutrients. They are considered a rich source of protein, vitamins, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc, copper, potassium, and more. Were you aware of the health benefits of watermelon seeds?
Watermelon seeds and one of the ways to take better advantage of them.
One of the most recommended ways to use watermelon seeds and take advantage of their properties, is preparing a delicious infusion.
Watermelon seeds are rich in citrulline, an organic compound with antioxidant properties. They dilate blood vessels, and therefore help in the treatment of atherosclerosis, hypertension and angina pectoris.
Watermelon seeds to cleanse the kidneys.
The infusion made with watermelon seeds is an excellent way to detoxify and strengthen your kidneys.
At the beginning of the 20th century, a group of American scientists explained that watermelon seeds are efficient in treating kidney diseases and urinary infections.
According to its results, the infusion of watermelon seeds is an excellent diuretic and is recommended for patients who need to eliminate kidney stones and cleanse the urinary tract.
This infusion can act as a great diuretic to reduce water retention and help the kidneys cleanse your body more efficiently. Whenever you have a health question, you should consult a specialist who can guide the treatment in a convenient way.
The following recipe is recommended:
- Crush and powder 4 tablespoons of fresh watermelon seeds (always look for foods that are organic).
- Cook the seeds in 67 oz/2 liters of water for 15 minutes.
- This infusion is enough for two days and you should try to take it in equal doses.
- Do not drink it on the third day.
- Repeat the same procedure for a couple of weeks, following the same instructions.
- Drink it for two days, and then take a break.