Walking barefoot or walking in direct contact with the earth, has gone from being an eccentric or wild tendency, to being a scientifically documented practice with a series of very notable health benefits, such as the increase in antioxidants, which reduces inflammation and it can improve the quality of sleep.
To obtain better benefits from walking barefoot it is necessary to understand what we mean when we talk about walking or walking barefoot, this means walking on dirt, grass or sand (walking barefoot on any natural surface)
Studies show that the health benefits of walking barefoot come from the relationship between our bodies and the electrons in the earth. The planet has its own natural charge, and apparently this connection is made most effectively when we are in direct contact with it, hence the need to go barefoot.
Table of Contents
Why should you walk barefoot?
A review published in the Journal of the Environment and Public Health, analyzed a series of studies showing the benefits of going barefoot as it improves health. Chronic pain patients using grounded carbon fiber mattresses slept better and experienced less pain.
Health benefits of going barefoot.
Another study found that walking barefoot changed electrical activity in the brain, as measured by EEGs. But other research found walking barefoot and in contact with the ground increases skin conductivity, moderates heart rate, improves glucose regulation, reduces stress and increases immunity.
More benefits of going barefoot.
Particularly compelling research showed that walking barefoot increases the load on red blood cells. As a result, the cells prevent clumping, which lowers blood viscosity.
Correct Ways to Go Barefoot and Their Benefits.
Since there are proven benefits of walking barefoot, it is still necessary to recommend taking frequent walks in nature. Walking regularly, at least half an hour a day, can reduce cancer risk, improve cardiovascular health, maintain weight, and prevent diabetes. In addition, walking improves the oxygenation of the blood, circulation, and the immune response, eliminates toxins and relieves stress, now add to this the benefits of walking barefoot and you have at your disposal a more than effective remedy to heal your body and maintain it. in optimal conditions.
List of benefits of walking barefoot.
- Going barefoot improves sleep disorders, including sleep apnea.
- A relief from pain. Chronic muscle aches and joint pain, and other types of pain.
- Benefits for respiratory problems. Walking barefoot improves asthmatic and respiratory conditions.
- Helps relieve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Prevents inflammation and significantly improves problems related to abdominal distention.
- It improves blood circulation therefore walking barefoot helps to maintain the correct flow of blood to the extremities and soothes cold feet and problems related to hypertension.
- Regulates energy levels and relieves symptoms of physical decline, it is always advisable to walk according to our pace and physical condition.
- Relieves stress and anxiety as we surround ourselves with nature and contact with the earth evens out our inner rhythm.
- Walking barefoot improves the activity of the immune system and the response of the immune system.
- Better glucose levels in people with diabetes together with a correct diet.
- Walking barefoot is a very effective treatment for relieving symptoms of depression and low moods.
Walking barefoot and improving breathing.
As we walk, our breathing begins to synchronize with our movement. We experience a sense of expansion and freedom. Walking barefoot becomes more than just an exercise; It becomes a form of healing, removing our stress and replacing it with a much more positive and healing state of mind. Start testing the benefits of walking barefoot today.