While there are many diet and recovery drinks for those trying to stay healthy, there is an alternative that few people know about: cucumber water. The diet with cucumber water is very healthy, it is full of rich nutrients and properties that help in reducing diets.
Simply by placing a slice of cucumber in the water, or by putting a whole cut cucumber in a jug of water, and you can help your body not only for the reducing diet, but in many more ways.
Cucumber is one of the most essential foods in weight loss diets, it does not contain many calories and is also a diuretic, which activates the removal of retained fluids that cause inflammation and weight gain.
The cucumber is very versatile, not only in water is delicious and effective for our diet, in salads, as a snack, and many other ways, it is a food that should not miss in your kitchen.
Cucumber water for reducing diets.
Cucumber is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory and lipid-lowering phyto-constituents. Drinking water with cucumber and lemon can stop fat accumulation and lipid peroxidation in adipose tissues.
The cucumber fruit is also known to reduce bloating and improve digestion. It can expel toxic intermediates and harmful free radicals from your body thanks to its diuretic properties.
Overall, cucumber water can be a simple and effective detox drink that could trigger weight loss.
Because a cucumber has about 45 calories with the skin (and about 35 without it), drinking a glass of water with a cucumber slice in it as a substitute for soda or energy drinks can reduce the amount of your daily intake of calories per 150 calories.
The cucumber water itself often has less than 5 calories in it. Even putting the whole cucumber in your glass of water will leave you with less than 50 calories.
Properties of cucumber water.
As soon as the cucumber enters the water, some of its nutrients will enter the water as well. Cucumbers are low in calories and high in water content. Replacing sugars with water can help you lose weight.
Cucumber water also includes:
- Vitamin C(which can help protect against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye diseases, and even skin wrinkles).
- Vitamin K(to help blood clot and to keep bones strong).
- Vitamin A(which is the key to good vision, a healthy immune system, and cell growth).
- Potassium(which can lower cholesterol and lower high blood pressure).
- Iron(which includes, mainly, includes leading life-giving oxygen to human blood cells).
- Calcium(encourages bone growth) and others.
Cucumber water is a natural diuretic.
Cucumber water is also a diuretic, which means that it can help with water retention problems. Water retention is excessive amount of water accumulated in the circulatory system or tissues of the body. Water retention is one of the most common causes of weight gain.
Drinking water is a good way to flush toxins out of the body, making it a great addition to any weight loss program. Since cucumbers naturally have a lot of water in them, they are the best to include in your diet for more fluid intake.
Cucumber water excellent for managing diabetes.
In addition to all the above, cucumber water is excellent for exclusive diets for diabetics. Again, it’s the antioxidants that help here. Cucumber has a variety of glycosides, steroids, flavonoids, carbohydrates, terpenoids, and tannins. These molecules trap reactive oxygen species (ROS, aka free radicals), the overproduction of which is the main cause of diabetes.
These ROS target your liver, kidneys, and other vital organs. They induce cell death and worsen diabetes. Phenolic acids like p-coumaric acids in cucumber help to eliminate ROS.
How to make the healthiest cucumber water?
Cucumber water is integrated with some ingredients that accentuate its properties when together. Thus, having fresh ginger, lemon and mint, will make this water the ideal one to achieve, not only to achieve your goal of losing weight, but also to achieve a healthier body.
Of course, the importance of the amount of these depends on how many pieces are placed in the water, and the more cucumber you use, the more nutrients will come out of it.
- 8 glasses of pure water.
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced.
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds.
- 1 medium lemon, sliced.
- 12 fresh mint leaves and 1 teaspoon dried mint.
Preparation and consumption:
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, leave them overnight, and it is best to keep the container in the fridge. Consume 4-5 glasses throughout the day.
- You can start drinking in the morning before breakfast for better and more immediate results. You will feel like you have lost 1/2 pound after the first two hours.
- Nutritionists say that regular consumption of this drink and moderate physical activity will help to melt belly fat and finally get a flat and sexy belly.
- People who have consumed this drink regularly say that the results achieved are beyond fantastic when you consider that you could lose up to 12 kilograms, of course by following a proper diet as well.
- This water is not recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers, or for people who have stomach problems or allergies to any of the listed ingredients.