A syrup with ginger, it is a very effective natural medicinal tool to relieve and heal pain such as rheumatism, swollen veins, muscle aches, back pain and sprains. The following compress brings together all the healing properties of ginger, but also those of garlic and coarse sea salt that, in conjunction, the three will make this compress a true and natural powerful and effective remedy.
The purpose of a ginger compress is to dissolve stagnation, mucus, and tension, melt blockages, and stimulate circulation and energy flow. This is a wonderful treatment for injuries to the body, especially to the back and in patients with scoliosis. It is particularly good for moving stagnant chi (energy) in the kidneys and lungs. It also helps to heal skin problems.
Table of Contents
Benefits of the compress with ginger
The thermal activity of the ginger compress stimulates blood and tissue circulation in the area to be treated, which facilitates anti-inflammation, and when necessary according to the condition, it also helps in the excretion of dispersed toxins. The sensation of heat and burning that it gives to the skin, indicates the analgesic properties of ginger that penetrates deeply to the source of the pain.
Many types of acute or chronic pain can be relieved, such as rheumatism, arthritis, back pain, cramps, kidney stone attacks, toothaches, stiff neck, frozen shoulder, and similar problems.
For severe pain and swelling, the ginger compress can be left on the skin until the feeling of warmth is gone. This can also be applied to children, but in a minimum duration and quantity.
It is very effective for asthma sufferers, but will only be effective when dietary recommendations are followed. Also, it is effective in dissolving hardened accumulations of fats, proteins or minerals. Examples are kidney stones, gallbladder stones, cysts, and benign tumors, such as uterine fibroids.
A ginger compress can accelerate the improvement of a variety of inflammatory conditions, such as bronchitis, prostate infection, inflammation of the bladder, intestinal inflammations (never appendicitis). It is effective in relieving congestive conditions like asthma.
When tissues are damaged, the compress can accelerate the regeneration of the damaged area and is also a wonderful treatment for dissolving muscle tension.
Study supports ginger’s anti-inflammatory properties
A study published in the Journal of Complementary Medicine found that ginger is as effective as diclofenac, a popular non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
Also, Dr. Krishna C. Srivastava of the University of Odense in Denmark found that ginger works better than non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like Tylenol.
These drugs simply work by blocking the formation of inflammatory compounds. However, ginger works on several levels by blocking the formation of pro-inflammatory prostaglandins and leukotrienes while acting against existing inflammation and neutralizing uric acid in the joints.
Other active ingredients for the ginger compress
In this compress with ginger, other active ingredients such as sea salt and garlic will also be used:
- Garlic acts as a topical pain reliever that helps relieve inflammation in swollen joints. In fact, garlic oil is often used in naturopathic medicine to relieve joint and muscle pain. Garlic can also be taken orally for the same effects.
- Sea salt is used topically to relieve swelling, irritation, and inflammation. Saline compresses are also often used to prevent skin infection in cancer patients.
Ginger compress for pain and swelling
You will need to:
- Some pieces of ginger
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 4 cloves of garlic
To make a ginger compress, follow these steps:
- Prepare some pieces of ginger roots, at least four cloves of garlic and two tablespoons of sea salt.
- Prepare a heavy-duty mortar and pestle. The type of mortar used in the photo is made of stainless steel which is most recommended in the preparation of herbal medicines.
- Crush the ginger until it is well crushed. Then peel the garlic.
- Add the garlic and salt to the minced ginger. Begin beating again until all three ingredients are mixed well together.
5 . Prepare a piece of plastic. The ginger mixture has to be inside the clean plastic.
- Slowly place the minced ginger on the affected area, making sure that the ginger and garlic are not exposed so they do not come into contact with the skin directly.
- Secure the sides. Then wrap with a bandage.
Duration and frequency of applications of the ginger compress
The time and frequency of the ginger compress treatment varies depending on what you are treating and the severity of the condition. This one in particular will be left in the area for at least 6 hours. This is not recommended for open wounds. They can repeat every few days until symptoms disappear.
- Fresh ginger is most effective.
- Caution: the ginger compress should not be applied to babies, pregnant women, in the brain area, in cases of high fever or cancerous tumors.