Many know that spring has arrived because of birdsong and the arrival of flowers, but others know it because of allergic reactions to what is happening outside. The increase in pollen is one of the influencing factors, and although that is only one factor within those that can be unleashed “naturally”, there are many others that may be affecting you, including pollution, fragrances, cigarette smoke and plus. But there is a very powerful natural remedy that specifically helps in this problem and that is oregano oil. Before getting into the details, let’s take a look at how allergies are triggered and how they affect the airways.
How are allergies triggered?
Allergens can come from anywhere. Some of the most common allergens are smoke, dust, mold, and fragrance in perfumes and cleaning products. The body responds to these allergens by releasing histamine to cells located in the lungs and nose. Histamine’s job is then to attach to receptors on blood vessels causing them to enlarge. This forms the redness, swelling, and itching associated with allergies.
There are over-the-counter medications such as shots, steroids, and others, where the common ingredient in several of these is antihistamines. These drugs work, but they come with a long list of side effects.
These are only some of them:
- Dry mouth
- Drowsiness and vertigo
- Blurry vision
Luckily, there is a great natural treatment that can also help fight pesky allergies.
Oil of oregano for respiratory health
Oregano essential oil is a powerful and amazing oil. It is rich in beneficial nutrients while being anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antioxidant, antibacterial, antiallergic, and antiviral. Oregano is a good source of carvacrol, flavonoids, and terpenes, which are decongestants. Another great key ingredient for allergies is rosmarinic acid found in a variety of plants.
Oregano is a very strong essential oil, so you should always be careful.
- Start by diffusing it in your home and inhaling the steam.
- If you don’t have a diffuser, drop 1-2 drops on your palm, rub your hands together to warm them up, and inhale. Wash your hands after and especially before touching your eyes.
- 1-2 drops on a cotton ball or hemp cloth placed in your pocket is a great way to inhale the properties of the oil throughout the day.
If you need something more powerful, ingesting it is possible, but it is important to be careful. Also, do not ingest oregano oil more than 2 times a week. Oregano is a strong antibacterial for both good and bad bacteria found in the body.
- Mix 1 drop of oregano essential oil with honey in a peppermint tea. (One advantage is that peppermint is also great at helping respiratory illnesses.)
- If you are not a fan of tea, no problem. In hot water and honey, oregano oil is good too.
- Make sure to mix frequently as essential oils can separate from water and tea.
- You can also mix a drop of oregano oil in a tablespoon of coconut oil and take it after breakfast.
Oil of oregano for candida
On the other hand, as we mentioned, oregano is incredible as an antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, that if you have problems with intestinal bacteria (candida) overgrowth and that it is, in many cases, the cause of chronic pain, for example in the joints, in addition as a cause of fatigue and anxiety, this oil is powerful as a treatment. Ask your natural specialist doctor, what could be the appropriate dose.
It is also excellent to protect you from insects, especially mosquitoes. You can fight allergies naturally and at the same time fight those pesky insects.
Why not give it a try?
Be sure to use 100% therapeutic grade essential oils from a reputable dealer, and always seek medical advice if a reaction occurs or symptoms worsen.