Acne scars are most often found on the forehead, cheeks, and chin. In most cases, acne scars look like small “holes” in the skin, and their shape, size and depth can be different and irregular, giving a look of damaged skin, but with the use of effective home remedies these marks left by acne can be removed.
Below you will learn about the best natural remedies that are used to treat acne scars and pimples.
These home remedies use healthy ingredients and can be much more effective if you manage to follow a diet that helps your skin eliminate impurities, to prevent the appearance of new acne marks, often caused by carelessness or bad habits.
Getting rid of acne scars is a bit more difficult than removing acne itself. The pimples can be treated naturally with many ingredients that have anti – inflammatory or antibacterial properties found in abundance in nature.
However, acne scars are a bit stubborn as they don’t go away easily. However, as the saying goes, there is nothing impossible. It may take some time, but your regular efforts using certain natural bleaching agents, as well as other ingredients, can fade acne scars and gradually remove them permanently. But be careful, as long as they are not serious scars and that they have already been formed from many years.
How to prevent acne scars
There are certain things you should avoid to prevent scarring. It is not essential to have scars, even if you get pimples.
Don’t play with their acne
To avoid acne scars, keep your hands off your pimples. Don’t play with acne, don’t pinch it, leave it untouched. Whatever you are doing to remove pimples, do it with gentle hands because when you have acne, there is intense inflammation on your facial skin and there is loss of collagen.
Collagen is the protein in fiber, one of the components of the skin that gives the skin its elasticity. By squeezing your pimples, it leads to further inflammation and damage to your skin. It also leads the bacteria and pus in the pimple to go deeper into the skin, which results in a greater loss of collagen which means even deeper scars on the face.
Do not expose the scars to the sun
Your body is able to take care of your scars and they will become lighter over time. However, if you expose them to the sun, their healing process will slow down and the scars will get darker. Therefore, avoid sunbathing. If it is essential to go out in the sun, use sunscreen to protect your skin and also cover yourself with a hat, umbrella, clothing, whatever you can wear to cover yourself.
Natural remedies to remove acne scars and pimples
There are several natural remedies that can be applied to the skin to remove acne scars, whether they are present on your face or elsewhere on the body.
Lemon is a natural bleach. The vitamin C in lemon helps in rebuilding collagen. When lemon juice is used on acne scars, the spots get softer day by day.
How to use lemon to remove acne scars
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze its juice. Apply this juice directly on your scars with the tips of your fingers or a cotton ball.
- If your skin is very sensitive, dilute the lemon juice by mixing a little rose water and then apply on your scars.
- You can even mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with two tablespoons of vitamin E oil and then apply this to your acne scars. Vitamin E is a very good emollient with a large number of antioxidants that protect and even improve the texture of your skin.
Make a lemon mask to remove pimple scars
You will need to:
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Honey from bees – 1 tablespoon
- Almond oil – 1 tablespoon
- Organic cow or almond milk – 2 tablespoons
Mix everything and apply on the scars once a day for about 7-10 days. You will see the difference.
After applying the lemon juice, do not expose yourself to the sun.
2. Raw potato
Raw potato can work wonders in removing pimple scars if allowed to work for days with patience. It contains enzymes that can cure skin conditions such as dark circles, acne, dark spots on the hands. It also contains acidic astringents that eat into this layer of dead tissue, reducing the overall size of the scar.
How to use raw potato to remove acne scars
- Take a potato and cut it into slices.
- Take a slice and rub it gently over your face in circular motions.
- Keep doing this until you feel like the potato slice is dry.
- Take another slice and do the same.
- Repeat this for about 15-20 minutes.
- Now leave without touching the face, it is so that the leftover potato juice is absorbed into the skin.
- Apply some moisturizer that suits your skin.
Do this raw potato massage 3-4 times a week for at least 1-2 months, depending on the intensity of your scars. This and even other remedies for pimple scars need patience to see results.
3. Raw tomato
Good red tomatoes can also remove scars from your face. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A, which can help speed up skin regeneration when applied topically. In fact, a popular acne treatment, tretinoin, is a derivative of vitamin A. It is more commonly known as Retin-A, according to the Mayo Clinic. It works in part by keeping skin pores clean and in part by irritating the skin, causing a faster rate of skin cell turnover. People generally improve after three to four weeks of tretinoin treatment. Tomatoes also have several antioxidants that help rejuvenate the skin. Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, and they also contain vitamin E and several B vitamins, according to Nutrition Facts.
Tomatoes can also be eaten, of course, to promote skin health, as they are antioxidant and nutrient-dense.
How to use raw tomatoes to eradicate acne scars
- There are two methods of doing this, a simple one and one that is not so simple. First, the simple way.
- Take a ripe red tomato and cut it into chunks.
- Grind the pieces to make a tomato pulp.
- Apply this tomato paste on your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse the face.
- Repeat this daily for a week or two.
You will need to:
- 2 Tomatoes.
- 2 cucumbers.
- 2 Avocados 2.
- Get the pulp from the tomatoes.
- Grate the cucumber and avocado and squeeze the juice with a cheesecloth to squeeze.
- Mix everything.
- Apply to the face.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with water.
All of the above solutions are good, but there are some that will be more suitable for your skin type. Experience each of them and be patient. Patience will be the main ingredient whatever remedy you adopt for your acne scars.