Chia seeds can be a good natural option against constipation, and not only that, they are also capable of improving intestinal health, discover why and how you can get it in a short time.
The constipation is one of the health problems that has been spreading as a result of modernism diets in which the intake of products unsuitable for the body is most common and tend to spoil our intestinal flora.
In this case we mention the benefits of chia seeds for being an option to control cholesterol, triglycerides and other types of digestive problems such as the aforementioned “constipation” or constipation.
How do chia seeds help with constipation?
THE mucilage is a plant compound found in chia seeds, which is responsible for regulating the intestinal transit and time decrease appetite so that the body does not feel the need to overeat.
However, in recent years some research has found that another of its benefits is its contribution in soluble and insoluble fiber, fighting constipation and ultimately making digestion better.
- Insoluble fiber. It is the one that is necessary for the intestinal movement to be promoted. It also discards items in the body that it doesn’t really need.
- Soluble fiber. It boosts the transit in the intestines by causing more water to be absorbed, dilating the area and finally promoting the elimination of waste.
How do you consume chia seeds to combat constipation?
- No fixed dose. When you start with its consumption, it is recommended that the minimum dose is 1 or 2 teaspoons until it is well assimilated.
- Increase your water intake. For chia seeds to be effective, a good amount of water is needed in the body. Natural juices and infusions are other alternatives.
- Soak the seeds. So that they do not end up being a problem for digestion, it is advisable to leave them in a glass of water before ingesting them.
- Other uses. If you want, you can add them to smoothies, orange juice or mix with almond milk.