Among the varied and beneficial properties of the essential oil of Eucalyptus leaves to treat sinusitis, those of being an effective decongestant to combat respiratory infections stand out. It is used in the form of an ointment, in tablets, syrups or in sprays. The oil is used topically as a treatment for muscle and joint pain, as well as to treat cold sores and of course sinusitis.
Eucalyptus benefits for different ailments
Eucalyptus is analgesic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, deodorant, decongestant, diuretic, expectorant, mental stimulant, all that and more in just one twig.
- Eucalyptus relaxes and dilates the muscles of the trachea, bronchi and lungs helping to treat sinusitis. As a consequence, the alveoli dilate and more oxygen enters the blood of the lungs, and therefore the whole organism. As there is more oxygen, the internal combustion of the cells increases and thus the natural heat destroys germs and toxins; consequently, the fever drops.
- It is antiseptic, expectorant, antispasmodic, decongestant, antipyretic and thinner of mucus. Eucalyptus is ideal for treating sinusitis, colds, colds, flu, bronchitis, and fevers.
- It has a cooling effect on the body, it effectively reduces the temperature. It is antiviral and bactericidal.
- It produces by inspiring a liberating effect because it relaxes the muscles of the airways, hence it is good for asthmatics, relieves anguish, the feeling of suffocation and lowers blood pressure.
- It is bactericidal. Due to its efficacy in colds, herpes, flu and measles, we can consider eucalyptus as an antiviral agent.
- Its action has been widely proven in respiratory infections, bronchitis, tuberculosis, diphtheria, fetid rhinitis, pulmonary gangrene.
- It gives a feeling of well-being among other things because it is a cardiac stimulant. Good for when you feel lethargic or low in spirits.
Eucalyptus in the shower to treat sinusitis
It can also be used in a more practical way by hanging twigs of Eucalyptus in the shower. When you take a hot bath or shower, the steam will release the oils from its leaves. It is a natural decongestant plant, taking a shower with this implementation can help to clear the sinuses and loosen the cough.
Use the species (Eucalyptus Globulus) is the best environmental antiseptic to prevent respiratory diseases, the typical winter diseases and those of childhood.
It is one of the best antiseptics for the respiratory tract, an effect that is enhanced by its anti-fever, expectorant and decongestant properties.