Every woman wants to have breasts in good shape throughout her life. Unfortunately, this is not possible in most cases. Sagging breast is a natural process that occurs with age when the breasts lose their flexibility and elasticity.
Although sagging breasts usually start to happen after a woman reaches 40, it can appear earlier. Aside from age, other factors that cause saggy breasts include breastfeeding, pregnancy, menopause, rapid weight loss or gain, strenuous exercise, nutritional deficiencies, and wearing an ill-fitting bra.
Some diseases, such as breast cancer or respiratory diseases such as tuberculosis, can also cause the breasts to sag. Also, excessive consumption of nicotine, alcohol, and carbonated beverages can contribute to the problem.
Home remedies to firm sagging breasts
The breasts have no muscle. They are made from fat, connective tissue, and milk producing glands, and they need proper care to keep them in good shape.
A wide variety of creams and lotions are available in the market to tighten and tone sagging breasts. However, if you prefer natural methods, there are many simple and easy home remedies that you can try to improve the appearance of your breasts.
Those with sagging breasts should incorporate exercise into their daily routine. Exercises that target the breast tissues and pectoral muscles around the chest can go a long way in adding firmness.
Some exercises that can effectively lift saggy breasts are chest press and thrust, arm lifts, pecs, and dumbbells.
Along with these, there are other types of exercises that can be performed to firm your breasts. Take a look at this video to learn more.
Always wear a supportive bra during exercise.
2. Ice massage
Ice massage is also considered very effective in restoring the firmness of sagging breasts and lifting them. The cold temperature will cause the tissue to contract, and in turn, make the breasts appear firmer and lifted.
Take 2 ice cubes and massage in circular motions around each of your breasts for just 1 minute.
- Dry the breasts with a soft towel and immediately put on a bra that will fill it properly.
- Stay in a reclined position for 30 minutes.
- Do this at regular intervals throughout the day.
Note: Do not expose your breasts to ice for more than 1 minute as it can cause numbness.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil massage is an excellent technique for firming sagging breasts. The olive oil is a rich source of antioxidants and fatty acids can reverse the damage caused by free radicals and prevent sagging breasts. Also, it will help improve skin tone and texture.
- Put some olive oil on your palms and rub them to generate heat.
- Rub your hands over your breasts in an upward motion.
- Gently massage for about 15 minutes to increase blood flow and stimulate cell repair.
- Follow this remedy at least 4-5 times a week.
You can also use almond, argan, avocado or jojoba oil to massage your breasts.
4. Cucumber and egg yolk
Another excellent remedy for breast lift is a mask made from cucumber and egg yolk. Cucumber has natural skin-toning properties, and egg yolk has high levels of protein and vitamins that can help treat sagging breasts.
- Grind 1 small cucumber very well in a blender.
- Mix with an egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of organic butter or coconut cream to obtain a paste.
- Apply it on your breasts and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash with plenty of cold water.
- Use this mask once a week to firm and strengthen the breast tissues.
5. Egg white
Egg white is also good for the breasts due to its astringent properties and nourishes sagging skin. The hydroelectric lipids present in egg white help lift loose skin around your breasts.
- Beat 1 egg white until foamy.
- Apply this on your breasts and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Wash with cucumber or onion juice and then with cold water.
You can also prepare a breast mask by mixing the white of 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt and honey. Apply it on your breasts and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
Follow any of these remedies once or twice a week to enjoy firm breasts.
6. Fenugreek or fenugreek
In Ayurveda, fenugreek is often used to firm sagging breasts. It has vitamins and antioxidants that fight free radical damage and help lift, firm and smooth the skin around the breasts.
- Mix 1/4 cup of fenugreek powder with enough water to form a thick paste.
- Massage with this paste on your breasts and leave for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Follow this resource once or twice a week.
You can also make a breast mask with 1/2 cup of yogurt, 10 drops each of fenugreek oil, and vitamin E oil in 1 egg white.
Mix the ingredients until you get a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your breasts and rub gently. Let it sit for about 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Use this mask once a week.
7. Pomegranate seeds
Pomegranate is considered a wonderful anti-aging ingredient and can help prevent sagging breasts. Pomegranate seed oil is rich in phytonutrients that can lead to firm breasts.
Make a paste of pomegranate peel and some hot mustard oil. It is used to massage your breasts in a circular motion for 5 to 10 minutes a day before going to bed.
You can also use pomegranate seed oil to massage your breasts 2 or 3 times a day.
Another option is to mix 4 teaspoons of neem oil with 1 teaspoon of dried, powdered pomegranate peel. Heat this mixture for a few minutes.
Let it cool down and then you use it to massage your breasts twice a day for several weeks.
8.- Aloe Vera
The aloe vera has natural properties to firm the skin which can help get rid of sagging breasts. The antioxidants in aloe vera prevent damage caused by free radicals and help firm sagging breasts.
Apply aloe vera gel to your breasts and massage gently in a circular motion for 10 minutes. Let it sit for another 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Repeat this remedy 4 or 5 times a week for effective results.
You can also prepare a mixture of 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 1 teaspoon of homemade mayonnaise and honey. Apply this on your breasts and leave for 15 minutes.
Rinse with lukewarm water first and then use cold water. Do this once a week.
Additional tips for firming breasts
- Avoid an extreme diet. Losing weight drastically in a short amount of time can cause your breasts to sag.
- Enjoy swimming as it is a great exercise to firm your chest.
- Avoid doing forward bends, squat poses, jogging, and running without wearing a support bra.
- Get into the habit of drinking a good amount of water a day to hydrate your skin.
- Do not directly expose your breasts to the sun without protecting yourself from the sun. Sunlight can lead to loss of elasticity of the skin. Apply environmentally friendly sunscreen to your breasts whenever you’re wearing a tank top, bathing suit, or sundress that has a low neckline.
- Stop smoking to improve your overall health and to protect the fragile skin of your breasts.
- Make sure to correct your posture to avoid sagging breasts. Always sit straight and walk in a straight line, without ‘humping yourself’.
- Always wear the appropriate bra that provides sufficient support for your breasts. If necessary, wear a push-up bra to give your breasts adequate support. Wear a sports bra while doing aerobics, playing tennis, running, or doing any type of exercise that causes your breasts to bounce.
- If you are overweight, try to lose those extra pounds. Excess body weight causes the skin to stretch and the breasts to sag.
- You can also try yoga to tone and firm your breasts within a realistic range.
- Eat healthy foods with essential nutrients such as protein, vitamins, calcium, minerals, carbohydrates, and essential fats that are required to plump your breasts.