Fungi are microorganisms that are present everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. In fact, there are more than 50,000 different species of fungi in the environment. Learn about some home remedies for yeast infections that you can apply at home and easily reverse the symptoms.
Home remedies for yeast infections
There are many fungi that can live on your skin for years without causing any problems. However, sometimes certain factors can cause fungi to tend to grow too large or change, and this can lead to a fungal infection. The fungal infections are usually classified by the type of fungi that cause the problem, the affected part of the body and the severity of the infection. These infections can occur on the surface of the skin, within a skin fold, or in any other area that is warm and moist, causing severe itching and sores in some cases.
Garlic is a useful antifungal agent and therefore very effective for any type of fungal infection. It also has antibacterial and antibiotic properties that play a key role in the recovery process.
Crush two cloves of garlic and add a few drops of olive oil to make a paste. Apply the paste to the affected areas and leave it on for 30 minutes. Then wash the area with lukewarm water and dry the skin thoroughly.
Apple cider vinegar is a common treatment for any type of yeast infection. Due to the presence of antimicrobial properties, apple cider vinegar helps kill the fungus causing the infection.
The coconut oil works as an effective remedy for any type of fungal infection because with the presence of medium chain fatty acids. These fatty acids work as natural fungicides to eliminate the fungi responsible for the infection.
- You should gently rub the extra virgin coconut oil on the affected area and allow it to dry on its own. Repeat these steps two or three times a day until the infection clears.
- Another option is to mix equal amounts of coconut oil and cinnamon oil and apply it to the affected area. You can use this remedy twice a day to control the growth of the infection.
- For a vaginal infection, soak a tampon in organic coconut oil and insert it. Leave it for two hours. After removing the tampon, rinse the area thoroughly with warm water. Repeat the process once a day until the infection is gone.
The oil of oregano contains antifungal properties fighting fungi responsible for fungal infections. Also, its antimicrobial property can be effective in preventing fungal infections.
- Mix equal amounts of oregano oil and extra virgin olive oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it for a few hours.
- Alternatively, you can add three drops of oregano oil to a glass of water and drink twice a day.
- You can also take one or two capsules of oregano oil twice a day after eating your meals.
Turmeric is a well-known natural antiseptic, antibiotic, and antifungal agent. It has healing properties that facilitate quick recovery and prevent infection from recurring.
- Apply the juice of the turmeric root on the affected skin area. Leave it on for two to three hours and then rinse with lukewarm water. You can use this remedy twice a day until the infection subsides.
- Another alternative is to boil a cup of milk along with a teaspoon of turmeric. Add a little honey and drink while it is still warm. Do this daily to increase your defenses and prevent any type of infection.