Did you know that it is possible to strengthen tendons and ligaments with the use of certain foods, which have collagens that is an essential part to improve the support and flexibility of our legs? You can know in depth what these so-called home remedies are that you can use to make your ligaments and tendons stronger.
A large number of diseases and injuries can affect these two parts of our body. Knowing that there are home remedies to strengthen tendons and ligaments can be very useful.
It is quite easy to confuse tendons with ligaments, but in reality, these two tissues perform different functions in our body.
- Tendons connect muscles to bones and allow us to move.
- Ligaments connect bone to bone and are what provide stability in the joints.
Home remedies to strengthen tendons and ligaments
Below you can know some homemade preparations that can help you improve this essential part of our mobility, such as the knees and joints where tendons and ligaments are present, you can also know what are some recommended foods to provide the collagen that our body you need to be stronger.
Home remedies with gelatin
Gelatin has a high index of the so-called “collagen protein” so it will help us nourish the tendons and ligaments. You can consume it twice a week.
- A ripe banana.
- The juice of an orange.
- 2 tablespoons of gelatin.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mold to taste.
- Make the orange juice and reserve.
- Peel the banana and mash it.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of honey to the banana porridge and reserve.
- Dissolve the gelatin with water and heat it in a water bath.
- Heat the orange juice.
- Add the gelatin little by little to the orange juice, avoiding lumps.
- Place the mixture in the chosen mold and leave in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When you notice that it has set, remove the mold and place the gelatin on a plate, adding the banana puree and honey.
Strengthen tendons based on nettle and lemon
To take three times a week since nettle is rich in silicon and magnesium, and contains potassium and chlorophyll, which is perfect for strengthening the tendons and ligaments of the body.
- 80 grams of nettles.
- 1 liter of water.
- Lemon (a few drops)
- Honey (two teaspoons)
- Bring the liter of water to a boil.
- Add the nettles and wait for it to come to a boil.
- Then let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Strain the infusion.
- Put it in a glass bottle, letting it rest for another hour.
How to use:
Drink at room temperature adding a few drops of lemon and two teaspoons of honey.
Oatmeal, cinnamon and pineapple folk remedy
The vitamin C content, together with the magnesium, bromelain and silicon present in the ingredients of this home remedy, make it an ideal option to help us strengthen ligaments and tendons. It is also highly recommended for treating knee pain and inflammation. It is also a very tasty drink that can be consumed as an ideal supply of vitamins for our body and even complement our diet.
- A glass of water
- Honey about 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A cup of oatmeal, approximately 150 grams
- Orange juice, a glass.
- 1 glass of pineapple juice.
- A handful of ground almonds.
Preparation of this home remedy
First the water must be boiled and our oats must be cooked there, once ready we will proceed to mix all the other ingredients in a blender and finally, we will add the oat water, which should already be cold by that time, you can add ice to make a drink well refreshing.
How to consume it:
- It is recommended to use this shake daily, and drink it every morning, immediately after being prepared.
To strengthen tendons and ligaments there is no better home remedy than a correct diet. In this case, the consumption of vitamin C is essential since it is this vitamin that participates in the creation of collagen. And this substance is what provides structural strength to tendons and muscles.
Foods that help strengthen tendons and ligaments
Foods rich in vitamin C such as strawberry, papaya, kiwi, orange, mango, broccoli, red or green pepper (but raw), avocado, artichoke, etc…. should not be missing from your diet.