This remedy to cure swimmer’s ear or otitis externa, which is the correct term for this condition in the ear, also serves as a preventive for the same problem and also for ear infections. It can make your life so much easier.
What is otitis externa or swimmer’s ear?
Otitis in general, refers to infection or inflammation of the ear and can affect the external and internal parts of the ear, so it can be classified in different ways in such a way that otitis can be, external, medium, medium with effusion, with acute or chronic infection.
In this case we evoke external otitis or the popularly called swimmer’s ear which involves the external auditory canal and the external ear. A more severe form of this ear complication can spread to the bones and cartilage around the ear. But let’s try to prevent it and even alleviate it with the following remedy that, in addition to being effective, is totally natural. Do not stop reading.
Causes of otitis externa or swimmer’s ear
The ear swimmer (otitis externa) is a condition that is more common among adolescents and young adults. It can happen at the same time as a respiratory infection, such as a cold, or a middle ear infection.
Care must be taken when swimming in polluted or dirty water as this can lead to swimmer’s ear. Bacteria commonly found in water can cause ear infections. Interestingly, fungi rarely cause it.
- Scratching the ear or inside the ear.
- Have something stuck in your ear.
- Cleaning the wax from the ear canal with cotton swabs or small objects can do more harm than good.
Chronic swimmer’s ear can be caused by:
- Chronic skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
- Allergic reaction to something found in the ear.\
Swimmer’s ear symptoms
- Symptoms of swimmer’s ear can range from yellow to yellowish-green, purulent, or foul-smelling ear discharge.
- Ear pain that may be worse when manipulating the ear.
- Itching in the ear or external auditory canal.
Home remedy to prevent and / or treat otitis and ear infections
This remedy serves as prevention and treatment. As prevention, we will use this remedy if you see that you are prone to this condition and want to avoid it chronically. If you already have it, this remedy is effective to prevent and / or cure inflammation and infections.
You will need to:
- White vinegar
- rubbing alcohol
- a dropper bottles
- Fill the dropper bottle with equal parts vinegar and rubbing alcohol.
- Mix well.
- Put 4 drops per year after swimming or bathing to prevent or treat swimmer’s ear naturally at home.
Other remedies to cure ear infection naturally
Below we list another series of effective natural remedies to treat ear problems due to otitis or infection, home remedies for adults, children, cats and dogs. Again, this can be used as an ear infection prevention or natural treatment.
- Add a few drops of pure garlic oil or apple cider vinegar to each ear when you suspect an ear infection. Keep your head bowed for a few minutes so that the liquid reaches the inside of your ear.
- You can also use the hydrogen peroxide treatment. Once the viruses enter the inside of the ear (middle ear), they begin their reproduction process, there they have access to our entire body through which they travel, infect and become ill, causing flu and colds and ear infections, too. You can find results for cold and flu and therefore ear infections within 12 to 14 hours when 2-3 drops of hydrogen peroxide are administered to each infected ear.
- For ear infection and pain, we have another natural remedy for ear infection. Coarse sea salt filled sock. This is basically what you need: a clean old white cotton sock filled with coarse sea salt. Once filled, tie a knot in it, heat it a little in a pan turning it for about 5 minutes, once hot and bearable on the skin, you will place it on the ear until the pain disappears. You can keep the sock in the fridge and use it when you need it again.
Note: Always consult your doctor if you suspect an ear infection, especially in children.