Joint and muscle pain is something that everyone experiences in their life. However, with this magnesium lotion you can soothe leg pain simply by rubbing it and in a few minutes, you will notice the relief, you can prepare it at home and you do not need many ingredients, we invite you to know its properties and how to prepare it.
How to reduce leg pain.
Leg pain is usually related to growth and children, and this is true, very young children between 3 and 5 years old can experience these pains. These growing pains affect approximately 25-40% of children.
Growing pains are usually in the legs, most children say the pain is in the front of their thighs, their calves, or behind the knees. Leg pain occurs more often in the afternoon or evening, usually before going to bed, and many times this can prevent rest.
Fortunately, there is a natural solution to these leg pain. The recipe to make this magnesium lotion has been in circulation within the homeopathic and alternative medicine proposal, and many people have proven its efficacy in the treatment of joint pain and muscle pain, therefore it can help either children with pain or adults.
Magnesium lotion to relieve muscle aches.
Before knowing the preparation of the homemade lotion, we can know a little about the benefits of its ingredients.
Magnesium is the main ingredient in this lotion. Growing pains and other muscle or joint pain are generally caused by mineral deficiencies. Bones are made up of a substance called collagen, which binds with calcium to form the structure of bone. If a child is deficient in magnesium, then this calcium will not be stable within the bones, causing cramps, usually in the legs, known as growing pains.
Many people use pure magnesium oil to treat these pains, however over time, it can irritate the skin, which is why this lotion is composed of other beneficial ingredients in conjunction with magnesium oil, to reduce pain on the legs in a fast and healthy way.
The extracts of the leaves of the arnica plant are a great contribution to this lotion together with magnesium oil. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help relieve pain in those who suffer from joint and muscle pain, generally the cause of this type of pain can be due to inflammation as well. What arnica will do is provide its inflammatory effects, managing to block the action of histamine, which is the compound released by the body that causes inflammation and subsequent pain in the legs.
- 75 grams of arnica
- Comfrey infusion oil
- 15 grams of beeswax
- 45 grams of shea butter
- 45 ml of magnesium oil
- 45 grams of aloe vera gel
To prepare arnica along with comfrey infusion oil, put two tablespoons of dried arnica flowers and two tablespoons of dried comfrey leaves in a pitcher. Fill the jar with about 170 ml of olive oil. Stir it up and place the jar in a pot containing a water base, not much. Keep the saucepan on low heat for two to three hours. You must make sure that the water does not evaporate, so be careful to avoid burning the leaves.
- Once ready, add the beeswax to the saucepan. Put it back in a water bath in a container with water until the beeswax melts.
- Turn off the heat and add the shea butter until melted.
- Take it off the heat and you should let it cool until a layer builds up on top.
- While this mixture is cooling, separately combine the magnesium oil and aloe vera gel in a heat-resistant container.
- Place water in a container and put it to heat, once hot add the container with aloe vera gel and magnesium oil (do not add the container with the fire on)
- Once both mixtures are at a suitable temperature, such as body temperature, it is time to combine them.
- Slowly pour the magnesium and aloe mixture into the wax mixture while stirring with a mixer.
- Continue mixing for three to five minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken and cool.
- Once our lotion is finished, it is time to place it in a container. Although it can be put in any type of container you want, you should avoid metal containers, as it will cause mold, it is advisable to pour it into a glass or plastic container.
That’s it, in this way we can get a very effective magnesium lotion to reduce leg pain and in a very effective way.