Phytotherapy is really a very good alternative to treat problems of the respiratory system and help remove phlegm. It is effective as home remedies for cough, especially productive cough (cough with phlegm) that can be derived from bronchitis, chronic bronchitis (such as COPD), emphysema, the advanced phase of a cold, a cold, etc.
Homemade syrup to remove phlegm
Natural remedies have always been used by many generations to alleviate our ailments, many recipes to this day are used for their great effectiveness since there are really powerful plants for their properties and characteristics to cure certain ailments such as help to eliminate phlegm.
There are a large number of medicinal plants to prevent or treat coughs. Thyme, marshmallow root, flax seeds, fir shoots or lungwort are some examples of the most used plants.
Benefits of this syrup
This syrup is very effective in expelling phlegm from the lungs and is especially suitable for younger children.
- 1 teaspoon of marshmallow root.
- 1 teaspoon of flax seeds.
- 1 teaspoon of sage.
- 1 lemon (cut into slices).
- 250 ml of water.
- 250 grams of muscovado sugar.
- Put the water and brown sugar (panela / raspadura) on the fire and boil until melted. Add the remaining ingredients and lower the heat.
- Remove the mixture away from the heat after 15 minutes and strain it.
- Drink one tablespoon of this medicine three times a day until the cough subsides. Keep the syrup refrigerated.
Notes: Coughing up phlegm as a symptom of a disease (infectious, chronic) may indicate an underlying disease with serious complications. Such as pneumonia, which is a serious infectious disease.
Always watch if the cough becomes suspicious, in which case you should always see a doctor right away.