The intestinal parasites are a much more common problem than most people realize. They are also notoriously difficult to diagnose due to the wide variety of symptoms that can result from a parasitic infection. Read on for a great way to eradicate parasites from your intestines and improve the functioning of your digestive system using papaya seed.
Some symptoms of having intestinal parasites can include bloating and excess gas, frequent diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, extreme fatigue, an increasing number of allergies, and poor general immunity combined with a lack of energy and regular illness.
The seeds of the papaya fruit are known to have vermifuge and antiamebic properties. Which translates into eliminating worms and other organisms lodged in the intestines and other areas of the digestive system.
A 2007 study of Nigerian children with severe parasite problems showed a 70% reduction in just one week after receiving a 20 ml dose of papaya seed extract.
Researchers have said that papaya seed is effective in treating human intestinal parasites with no potentially significant side effects.
How to use papaya seed to eliminate intestinal parasites
There are three main differences between using papaya seeds for digestive health and using them to treat parasites.
- The first is the amount used, which will be significantly more.
- The second is that they are taken on an empty stomach, after a large protein meal.
- And the third is that they are followed with a natural laxative to ensure that as many parasites as possible are expelled after treatment.
Since chewing a tablespoon of papaya seeds as the first thing to do in the morning is not the best way to start the day, here is a recipe for a smoothie with papaya seeds to eliminate parasites. It contains several other powerful antiparasitic foods to strengthen the formula to kill these critters more effectively.
This dose of papaya seed is quite high, so it is strongly recommended to have some experience when starting to take them. Also, the papaya enzyme warnings and side effects are especially relevant with this natural parasite treatment, and it’s best to check that you don’t have an unusual reaction to them by taking a smaller amount first.
If you have never used strong digestive enzymes like this before, start slow and increase the dose, it will be more effective and lead to fewer side effects.
Used in the doses described below, papaya seeds have been very effective against parasites. Just be patient with the treatment.
Parasites have different life cycles and while some people do get results with their first papaya seed shake, it is highly recommended that you continue to eliminate them in the manner described below.
Fortunately, it actually tastes great. Which is something that not many intestinal parasite treatments can give. Here is the recipe and instructions for how to make it.
Smoothie with papaya seeds to eliminate intestinal parasites
You will need to:
- 1 large fresh papaya preferably organic. Between green and yellow.
- 1 fresh medium organic pineapple
- 1/4 cup raw organic pumpkin seeds
- 2 spoonfuls of desiccated coconut
- 1 whole and peeled coconut (keep coconut water)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 dozen fresh cloves (optional)
- Start with a tablespoonful of fresh papaya seeds. Take them directly from the fruit and place them in a good blender that is capable of cutting the seeds.
- While fresh papaya seeds are probably a bit better, in some parts perhaps papayas can be expensive or hard to find. The best alternative you can find in that case is to buy the powdered seed already manufactured as a supplement.
- If the seeds are in powder, less is needed, and 1 teaspoon will do the job. As for other alternatives, there is doubt that papaya seed extracts are as effective, and definitely do not use papaya seeds for sowing as they can be treated with chemicals.
- Add a third of a small papaya to the blender or about a fifth of a large, chopped papaya that will fit in your blender.
- Ideally, you should look for a fruit that is green to yellow, with green being more predominant. Papaya like this should still contain useful levels of digestive enzymes, while they may already have a tasteful sweetness.
- As for the best papayas to use, they are the largest and most popular in Mexico and South America, since 80% of other types may be genetically modified, to which you should do more precise research if you are interested.
- Add about a quarter of a medium-sized pineapple. Pineapples are also rich in digestive enzymes such as bromelain that can have an antiparasitic effect and improve the intestinal environment. And of course they taste great.
- Chop them well enough, and include the pineapple core when you add it to the mix. Pineapple kernels are not only full of fiber, they are also the part with the most bromelain.
- Along with the papaya seeds and fruit, add a quarter of a cup of raw pumpkin seeds to the blender. Pumpkin seeds are particularly good for paralyzing parasites in the lower intestine and add efficacy to the actions of papaya seed.
- Add two scoops to the mixture. Dried coconut is another ingredient that is known to be good for purging parasites. If you can find the fresh coconut and use the coconut water for this intestinal parasite treatment shake to replace the regular milk (although you can use coconut milk), and eat as much of the coconut meat as you can directly afterwards, it would still be more effective.
- Add a full tablespoon of organic virgin coconut oil. The lauric acid in coconuts is converted to the compound monolaurin in the digestive tract, which can help rid the body of protozoa, ringworm and giardia parasites.
- Add a cup of coconut water or half coconut milk and half water to make the shake extra creamy. Coconut is good for parasites and using it as the milk in your shake increases its effectiveness.
- Other reasonable options include hemp milk, almond or hazelnut milk, kefir, or a real unsweetened and natural organic yogurt. It is recommended to avoid soy milk or conventional (non-organic) cow’s milk for as many health concerns as possible.
- As an optional extra, you can also add half a dozen or more fresh cloves to this smoothie. They are said to be especially good at getting rid of parasite eggs and can be even more effective when mixed with digestive enzymes in this shake to break down the protective coating that covers the intestinal worm eggs.
- This will change the flavor a bit, but as with papaya seeds, the other ingredients really mask the strong flavor.
- If you decide to use the cloves, they should be added at the same time as the papaya seeds, so they should be close to the blades and grind them very well. They are also most effective when it comes to fresh, organic cloves.
- Once you’ve added everything, mix all the ingredients on high speed until the consistency looks good to you. A little more coconut water or water can be added if it is too thick. It must be all very well ground.
- Drink the whole shake in one sitting if you can. The sweetness of the papaya and pineapple should overpower any bitterness from the seeds or cloves. It certainly tastes better than any other parasite treatment you can try.
How to drink this antiparasitic smoothie with papaya seeds
- The best time to drink this antiparasitic shake would be fasting in the morning on an empty stomach and before eating. This shake, besides being healthy, makes you feel full; you shouldn’t be too hungry in no time.
- It is beneficial to stick with an occasional natural laxative to flush them out before they can recover. Take it about two hours after taking the antiparasitic smoothie with papaya seeds and a little before eating your food.
- For an even more powerful laxative, cold and food grade castor oil can be taken. Keep in mind that these things really work and it is not recommended to take it if you have to leave the house in the next few hours.
- Some people report having intestinal pain when taking castor oil, and also, it should not be used by anyone with gastrointestinal disease or women who are pregnant. If you decide to take it, the suggested dose is a tablespoon or two (you would start with one), about two hours after having the shake and before any other meal.
- You may want to follow up with a small glass of citrus (lemon) juice to remove any greasy taste, but castor oil really works and will clear as much as possible. Do not take it for more than 5 consecutive days and it is perhaps best to take it only on the first day or two with a gentler treatment for the remaining days.
- Without going into too much detail, it is sometimes possible to see evidence of parasites when visiting the bathroom. Many parasitic organisms are either too small, or expelled compacted within the feces. So, don’t worry about whether you see them or not.
- Much more important, after the initial cleanse, there will be a reduction in the symptoms you’ve been experiencing and an improvement in your bowel movements. This will naturally lead to increased energy levels and improved overall health.
- You may experience a temporary worsening of symptoms when any type of cleansing is started. This is commonly known as a healing crisis.
- With this papaya seed parasite treatment, you will usually feel much better after visiting the bathroom. However, consult a healthcare professional if symptoms persist and worsen.
- Taking the shake three or even four mornings would be a good initial treat. As a precaution, laxatives should not be taken for more than five days in a row (taking a mild one is fine at lower doses for long-term use).
- It’s a good idea to repeat the intestinal parasite treatment in about two weeks after you finished it, and then again in another two weeks after that, even if you feel much better. The reason for this is to coincide with the breeding cycles of common parasites, such as tapeworms, hookworms, and roundworms.
- It is often possible for a cleanse to be effective in removing adult parasites and intestinal worms, but not before they have laid their eggs, which are often said to be even more difficult to remove. By repeating the treatment three times over a 6-week period, there is a much greater chance of interrupting this breeding cycle.
- Some resources even recommend ongoing intestinal parasite treatments for up to 3 months, to be completely sure that they have dealt with pinworms and other types of parasites in their different life cycles.