Maca, a root native to central Peru, grows high up and near the Andes, and may become one of the few plants lives you see in the area. The maca is ideal for women because it acts as a hormone regulator and is also a great help to improve overall health and increase libido.
Maca and its benefits for women
The properties of maca are recognized as a natural remedy to increase physical energy. Its properties also make maca an ally to improve endocrine problems, which is why it is recommended especially for women who suffer from some type of hormonal disorder and also for people who perform physical activity or athletes who need to improve physical performance.
Maca is a source of fibers, proteins, essential amino acids, also the B complex vitamins (B1, B2, B6.), it has minerals such as calcium, iron and phosphorus among several others that are essential for the body. Due to these components and properties of maca, we can identify it as a very important source for health.
- Maca can replenish energy and be of great help in improving energy performance.
- It can bring us more vitality
- It causes an increase in libido in both women and men.
- It can be a hormonal regulator of the pituitary gland and hypothalamus.
- It can treat some cases of infertility in men and women.
- Relieves problems of women’s menstrual cycles (typical menstrual pains, heavy periods, etc.)
- Maca can be considered a natural rejuvenator, especially the face area.
- Helps to grow hair with greater intensity.
- Strengthens the growth of bone mass.
- It helps to counteract the symptoms of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, because it acts as a natural adrenaline stimulant.
- An ally to treat stress problems.
- Relieves muscle and rheumatic pain, arthritis or osteoarthritis.
- Increases cerebral circulation, thus improving memory and concentration.
How to consume maca?
Consuming maca powder can be more useful if we need to better control the dose we take, the idea is to start with less doses and test its effects, but as we have already mentioned, consulting with a specialist is appropriate. We should also always take it in the morning.
Maca root is best consumed with a meal, especially in the stages when your body is getting used to the supplements. No matter what mode of consumption you decide to use, maca powder or capsules, start with small doses if it is new to your body and gradually increase it.
There are people who do not mind the taste of maca powder that is close to a nutty flavor, so you can add it to yogurt, juice, smoothie or salad.
Many of its benefits can be noticed immediately, however if we want it to have more profound effects (as an endocrine regulator for example) it is recommended to take it for at least three months and then assess it together with a specialist. Keep in mind that it has long-lasting effects even after you stop taking it.
Before starting to use natural supplements or making any important change in our diet and eating habits, it is important to consult a specialist to guide us to make the best decision. In this case, we must be alert in cases of uncontrolled hypertension and closely control the dose in cases of overexcitation of the immune system.