The so-called plantar warts that are also popularly known as fish eyes usually affect mostly young people. These are rough lesions with an oval shape that can be flattened or thick and appear on the soles of the feet, affecting pressure areas such as the heels and toe pads, although they can also appear on other parts of the body. They tend to cause pain and bleeding if they are pinched or the skin of warts is damaged.
It should be noted that plantar warts are caused by a virus (the human papillomavirus), so they are contagious. It is recommended that you follow the advice of a doctor to prevent them from spreading.
What are the causes and symptoms of plantar warts?
In order for the virus to settle on the soles of our feet, it will be necessary for us to have low defenses.
- The main reason why plantar warts appear is being in contact with areas where we are exposed to the virus.
- In gyms, swimming pools or public showers it is very possible that we get infected.
- Warts do not cause deep lesions. Several of them may appear in the form of a mosaic. At the beginning they will be asymptomatic.
- With the passage of time, we will notice that something pricks us in the foot as if it were a needle, this will be the cause of plantar warts.
Treatment to cure plantar warts
Tea tree oil along with apple cider vinegar are one of the best natural treatments to treat plantar warts in a safe way, however, it is necessary that a specialist can analyze their causes in depth and determine a more specific treatment if these warts appear in large numbers.
The ingredients needed to prepare this home remedy are:
- Six drops of tea tree oil.
- A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Sticking plaster.
Regarding the application of the treatment for plantar warts, there are not really many complications with it, you just have to:
- The treatment will be divided into two sessions. One of them will be in the morning and another at night.
- In the morning you should concentrate on washing your feet as well as possible, particularly on the affected area.
- As soon as the skin is clean, you should use a cotton ball to soak it in some tea tree oil. Let it work for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the process every day so that little by little the surface is reduced.
- When night falls, before going to sleep you should take a shower and wash your feet very carefully.
- At this time of day what you will do is soak the cotton with apple cider vinegar and apply on the plantar warts. Keep the cotton or use a bandage with the help of tape so that it works overnight.