You can forget about knee pain with these home remedy treatments that are really effective in restoring vitality to the kneecap and knee joint.
Home remedies to treat knee pain can be used when it comes to problems related to age, poor posture, a minor blow or injury that does not present seriousness, or even when knee pain is due to causes of the weather or joint and bone problems. However, injuries to the knee cannot always be prevented, and any serious knee injury should be evaluated and treated by a doctor.
Knee problems that require medical attention
- If you can’t bear the weight on your knee.
- Your knee looks misshapen or abnormal.
- Your knee locks, or makes a clicking sound when you bend it.
Knee pain is very severe even at rest.
- You have noticeable swelling or redness around your knee, or your knee feels warm to the touch.
- The knee pain continues after three days of rest and home remedies.
Why do my knees hurt?
Each of the bones that make up the knees are joined by tendons and ligaments. In turn, the knees have two mattresses called menisci, which protect or reduce friction when the joint is moving.
Some of the reasons your knees may hurt are:
- Blows or trauma
- Injuries to the ligaments, either in the menisci or the patella.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Wear heels.
- Lifting excess weight.
- old age.
- Suffer accidents.
Causes of knee pain
The knees are one of the most complex joints in the body and the most prone to injury. Why? The culprit may be the design of the knee. Unlike the hip joint, which is a deeply cushioned joint, the knee joint is more exposed, making it more vulnerable.
While knee problems can be the result of injuries such as falls, car accidents and sports injuries or diseases such as arthritis, the vast majority of knee problems are caused by straining the knee during walking, climbing, or other repetitive exercises, high impact. Poor conditioning of the leg muscles also stresses the knees.
Home remedies for knee pain
If your knee pain is the result of overuse, lack of use, or a joint-related problem, you can use the strategies and home remedies in the next section to improve and maintain knee health and, if you suffer from pain, to help relieve knee pain and speed healing.
Avoid being overweight
Being overweight affects every joint in the body, and carrying those extra pounds is especially hard on the knees, as with each step, a force equal to one and a half times the weight of the body is exerted on the knees. An extra 20, 30, 40, or more pounds of body weight (usually from body fat) can actually cause serious knee problems and represent excruciating pain.
For example, if you’re only 20 pounds overweight and go for a run, you’re putting 100 pounds of extra force on each knee with every step. So, work on getting and maintaining weight within a healthy range by adopting a diet low in fat, low calorie diet and exercise regularly, among many other tips to lose weight and lose weight you might find on our site you It will help prevent knee pain and other injuries that may occur.
Control your feet
A common cause of knee problems is pronation, or inward movement of the foot. A certain amount of pronation is normal, but too much can cause knee problems by throwing the knee out of alignment which can lead to knee pain.
You can correct pronation with supportive shoes designed to prevent pronation or with orthotics, which are special inserts for footwear.
Buying the right shoes
To avoid knee pain, it is advisable to bring the heel as low as possible. The body can tolerate a heel of approximately one inch; high heels pull the body forward and emphasize the knees.
If you tend to have pronation, it is advisable to buy a shoe that has anti-pronation devices or high-density material on the inside and a padding material on the inside of the sole.
For sports, it is recommended to buy shoes designed for activity – walking shoes, sports running shoes, and so on. Wearing running shoes can cause shin pain and, in some cases, knee pain.
Using Epsom salts
Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate, which is really a wonderful substance for relieving knee pain. Magnesium sulfate is a natural mineral that has been used for pain relief for years, that is, due to its high levels of magnesium.
You will need to
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- A large bowl of warm water
Fill a large bowl with warm water and add ½ cup of Epsom salt. Stir it, and then you should dip your knee in the liquid. If you find it difficult to dip your knees in a container, try taking an Epsom salt bath. You can use a bathtub full of warm water and add 2 cups of Epsom salt. Soak for 15 minutes (at least) your knees.
Turmeric and ginger tea
Turmeric and ginger are two natural anti-inflammatories that will help relieve knee pain, and help treat rheumatoid arthritis. Turmeric in particular has been getting a lot of attention lately. Its active ingredient is something called curcumin, which is a powerful antioxidant.
In addition, it reduces the levels of 2 enzymes responsible for causing inflammation (which is what we are often struggling with when suffering from arthritis). You can take them in capsule form or make a nice tea to enjoy every day.
You will need to
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric to taste
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and then add ½ teaspoon of ground ginger and ground turmeric. Reduce to a simmer and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain it, add honey to taste, and enjoy it twice a day. This makes 2 servings.
Get more magnesium
The magnesium is something that our body needs but cannot do it ourselves. The magnesium is used in more than 300 different biomechanical responses in our body. Relaxes muscles and nerve endings, stiffness and helps relieve knee pain.
Not only does it help relax muscles and relieve pain (this holds true for arthritis pain as well) it helps bones mineralize. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition conducted one of many studies on magnesium that showed that people who had a diet high in magnesium had higher bone density, and overall stronger bones.
There are a number of ways to get more magnesium and use it for arthritis in particular and treating knee pain.
- Supplements: Magnesium capsules are a good option to add to your life, but they work best when used in conjunction with a proper diet.
- Diet: This is really the most important factor when it comes to acquiring the magnesium that your body needs. Eat foods high in magnesium, including dark green vegetables (like spinach), nuts, and legumes (beans).
- Oil: There is magnesium oil that can be applied topically and absorbed through the skin. Rub in sore joints to ease pain.
Peppermint mixes with eucalyptus oil
Peppermint and eucalyptus do not change the course of the arthritis itself, but they do have analgesic substances that help relieve knee pain. The cooling sensation they produce can temporarily override your discomfort, and create a relaxing sensation that can ease arthritis pain as well.
You will need to
- 5-10 drops of peppermint oil
- 5-10 drops of eucalyptus oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of carrier oil (olive, almond, grapeseed, etc.)
- A small dark glass bottle
Mix 5-10 drops of eucalyptus and peppermint oil together, and then mix them with 1-2 tablespoons of carrier oil. Carrier oil is needed to dilute the essential oil so that it doesn’t irritate the skin, and it can be olive oil, grapeseed oil, or something like that (not petroleum).
Store the oil mixture in a dark glass bottle and away from direct sunlight, and rub it on the joints when they hurt, this is an effective treatment using home remedies for knee pain.
Other options for treating knee pain
- Salvia: When it comes to pain caused by a blow to the knee, you can take advantage of the benefits of salvia to relieve it. The way to apply this solution is by rubbing the knee with sage leaves wrapped in a cloth soaked with warm water.
- Aloe vera gel: The therapeutic properties of aloe vera will help you to alleviate the inflammation of the knee, to achieve the desired effect you must mix honey, red mud and aloe vera gel, with this you must prepare a paste and then moisten the knees, leave to act for an hour and remove with water. you will notice a great relief in your knees.
- Olive oil. It is a very powerful anti-inflammatory. Stimulates circulation and improves discomfort in a short time. You just have to warm the oil a little and apply on the knees with circular massages. You can repeat this process up to twice a day.
- Cabbage or cabbage. Its leaves are very powerful for their anti-inflammatory effect, so knee pain will be treated in no time.
For its preparation you must:
- Cut the leaves of a cabbage as finely as possible.
- Mix leaves with 4 tablespoons of water. Crush with a mortar or food grinder.
- Apply the cream you get on the knee.
- Cover with a canvas or gauze.
- Let it act for about twenty minutes.
- Remove the preparation with warm water.