Since figs are available year-round, you can make this powerful drink to promote a treat anytime needed to lower cholesterol and improve digestion. Tasty and healthy, this drink can treat asthma, cholesterol, and anemia. Find out below how to prepare it and all its benefits.
If you didn’t know, figs are a highly appreciated fruit around the world. This food can be grown in a garden and as a decorative plant, simply because of its exotic leaves. It is best grown near the sea, because this healthy fruit cannot withstand the low temperature.
Drink to treat asthma, cholesterol and anemia
Figs are packed with calcium, potassium, and zinc. They are also a source of iron and vitamins C, E, K and A. You should know that dried figs have more calories than fresh figs, so they should be consumed in small quantities to avoid weight gain. This drink, however, will improve the health of the digestive system, help lower bad cholesterol, and reduce respiratory problems. If you are a vegetarian, you can simply use figs as a substitute for dairy products. In addition, figs are also known as an aphrodisiac, so it can come in handy for this too.
Figs play a vital role in reducing the various symptoms of asthma attacks. They also help in curing the different symptoms related to asthma.
How to make this healthy drink
Here is the recipe for figs in olive oil:
- 40 figs
- Extra virgin olive oil
Put about 40 dried figs in a jar and pour olive oil over them until the jar is full to the top. Close the bottle and keep it closed for about 40 days. Figs tend to absorb the oil during this time, in this way its properties will be concentrated.
Eat a fig before each meal and you will feel healthier, besides being promoting an effective remedy to treat asthma, cholesterol and anemia. It is necessary to use an extra virgin olive oil, if you have a better-quality oil, this remedy will last longer.
Other ways to treat asthma
- Leaves stick: Prepare a soup with a bunch of leaves and 180ml water. Boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool, then add the seasonings, pepper, and lemon juice for added flavor.
- Lemon: Dilute the juice of 1 lemon in 1 glass of water. Drink this mixture during meals. The lemon counteracts the germs that are present in the mucus that clogs the airways and works as an antiseptic.
- Indian gooseberry: This is a medicinal tonic to treat asthma. 5 grams of this herb are mixed in 1 tablespoon of honey to make a tonic. Take it every morning. With this natural home remedy, you will be able to deal with asthma problems.
- Safflower: This plant is ideal for treating bronchial asthma. Mix half a teaspoon of dried safflower seed powder with 1 tablespoon of honey. Take this mixture 1 to 2 times a day.
- Bitter gourd roots: Mix one tablespoon of the root and an equal amount of tulsi juice or honey. Consume once a day at night, for a month. This works as a beneficial antiseptic to treat asthma.
- Garlic: Take 10 cloves and boil them in 30ml of milk. This is for patients suffering from an early stage of asthma. You can also drink hot ginger tea with 2 cloves of minced garlic, in the morning as well as in the evening.
All these home remedies and drinks should be consulted with a specialist before treating serious problems of asthma and other conditions.