To have soft, smooth skin, there are three key things you need: hydration, UV protection, and adequate rest. But is there a formula to keep skin smooth while relieving muscle pain? Yes, magnesium. Read on because on this occasion, Vida Lúcida has prepared for you a magnificent recipe for magnesium body cream for skin and muscle pain that will make it yours forever.
Before starting to give the tips for the recipe, let’s know what magnesium is and what it is beneficial for.
What is magnesium?
Magnesium is one of the most essential minerals in the body. Every cell in your body needs magnesium. In fact, more than 300 chemical reactions in the body make use of magnesium. The many benefits of magnesium include:
- Maintains healthy bones
- Maintains balanced energy levels
- Promotes healing and is soothing from inflammation and other injuries
- Helps absorb vitamin D from the sun (an essential vitamin for everyone)
- Promotes circulation
- May reduce the risk of diabetes
There is no doubt that this mineral is important. But the average diet of people in general does not give your body enough magnesium. The average adult only gets about 66% of their daily value for magnesium.
So how do we get enough magnesium? There is a way to supplement your body with magnesium that has not occurred to you: topically.
Did you know that you can absorb nutrients and minerals through your skin? If you’ve ever heard of nicotine patches to help people quit smoking, it’s the same idea. Applying magnesium topically is a great way to reap the benefits of this mineral.
A study by Dr. Norman Shealy of the American Holistic Medical Association had participants soak their feet in magnesium water and magnesium oil applied topically daily. It was found that after four weeks, 75% of the participants showed a significant increase in magnesium levels in their body.
Instead of a store-bought moisturizer, try this natural moisturizing body cream instead. Not only does it hydrate and soothe muscles, it also acts as a more natural form of sunscreen as well. Shea butter and avocado oil have a natural SPF that ranges from 4 to 10.
Magnesium body cream for muscle pain and moisturizing the skin
- ½ cup magnesium flakes
- 3 tablespoons of boiling water
Magnesium body butter
- ½ cup magnesium oil (see above)
- ¼ cup avocado oil (alternatively, you can use sweet almond oil or unrefined coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons emulsifying wax
- 3 tablespoons shea butter
Add the boiling water and magnesium flakes to a container and stir to dissolve. Let cool before continuing.
Magnesium body butter
- Using a small saucepan, fill it to about ¼ full with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and fit a pyrex bowl (or a stainless-steel bowl) on top to make a double-boiler. Make sure the container is not reaching the water.
- Add all the ingredients except the magnesium oil to the bowl and let them melt together. Remove the container from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Using a hand mixer, beat your mixture very well and slowly incorporate the magnesium oil.
- When well mixed, chill in the fridge for 15 minutes. Mix again and now it’s done.
Your magnesium body cream should be kept for a maximum of two months. For best results, store in the fridge for cold relief.