The rhinitis allergic occurs when particles that someone is allergic inhaled, may be animal dander, pollen, mites dust. Hay fever is called when this condition is caused by pollen from plants and other particles that are present in the open air. Natural treatment for allergic rhinitis can be done with herbs like thyme and eucalyptus for inhalations, nettle and lemon balm for tea, and fruit like orange and pineapple for juices.
Rhinitis is a very common disease and has many different causes. Basically, it can be defined as inflammation of the inner lining of the nose. To be more specific, it can be defined by the presence of one or more of the following symptoms:
- Nasal congestion
- Rhinorrhea (runny nose)
- Nasal itching
There is a very significant relationship between rhinitis (allergic), asthma, and chronic sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses ) in some people. Some evidence suggests that 1 to 3 in 5 patients have various health conditions related to the presence of allergic rhinitis.
Hygiene in the environment in which people with rhinitis live, as well as the existence of ventilation and sunlight, helps prevent the development of mold and fungi in the place, which can be beneficial to avoid this condition.
Recommendations to avoid allergic rhinitis
Some tips to avoid the accumulation of dust mites, which is one of the main causes of allergic rhinitis include:
- Clean the rooms often giving preference to the use of vacuum cleaners with special filters because the use of the broom and mop can spread dust.
- Use a damp cloth for furniture and cleaning items that collect dust.
- Remove stuffed animals, rugs, curtains, cushions, and other things that could collect dust in the environment where people with allergic rhinitis live.
- Avoid contact with products such as perfumes, cigarette smoke, pesticides, and pollution to avoid irritating the respiratory tract.
Home remedies for rhinitis
Allergic rhinitis can be treated with a series of herbal teas and home remedies that can help alleviate the symptoms of this respiratory problem.
Nettle tea for allergic rhinitis:
- 2 tablespoons nettle tea
- Water 200 ml
Boil the water and add the nettle leaves, then let it steep for 10 minutes, strain and drink 3-4 cups of tea a day.
Pineapple juice with orange for allergic rhinitis:
- 1 orange
- 1 slice of pineapple
- 30 drops of propolis
Squeeze the juice of an orange with pineapple in a blender, then put the juice in a saucepan and bring to heat until hot, put 30 drops of propolis and take it 2 times a day.
Thyme to steam inhale
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- Water 500 ml
- Put the hot water in a bowl and mix the two tablespoons of thyme, then cover your head with a cloth and breathe in the steam.
- Flushing the nostrils several times a day with saline or hot water helps avoid discomfort in individuals with allergic rhinitis.