Learn how to boost the immune system with garlic infused in honey with these 2 varied recipes that have the same healing power and can be adaptable to your tastes and needs to take advantage of all its advantages.
The kitchen has a wide variety of ingredients that help strengthen the immune system. This includes honey and garlic, which seems like an odd combination but can help boost the immune system.
Garlic infused in honey to boost the immune system
The best way to combine the healing benefits of honey and garlic is to incorporate raw honey into crushed garlic. Crushing the garlic allows its natural enzymes to reach their full potential. While soaking garlic cloves in honey will increase their power to boost the immune system and make their taste more palatable.
Benefits of raw honey
Pure honey is full of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that help lower cholesterol levels. It also acts as an antioxidant to fight free radicals. Contains vitamin B6, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. The pure honey contains amazing nutrients provided only a small spoonful. Adding this creates the balance of nutrients without affecting blood sugar levels unlike refined sugars. Its antibacterial and antioxidant properties make it a great remedy for the immune system.
Raw honey is packed with antioxidants, along with enzymes and minerals including iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and selenium. In case it is not enough, (Commercial honey is often highly processed, and excessive heat destroys its natural enzymes, vitamins, and minerals.) But raw honey is rich in flavor and has a number of nutritional benefits. It has a healthy glycemic index that aids in better digestion while making it easier to maintain a healthy weight.
Garlic helps the body improve heart function, maintain correct blood pressure, and fight fungal infections. Most importantly, it helps boost the immune system and fight colds and flu.
What makes garlic a healthy and beneficial option is its most powerful active ingredient called allicin. It is also responsible for its strong flavor and characteristic smell. Also, this component helps prevent blood clotting and lower cholesterol levels, and it has been shown to have anticancer properties and antimicrobial effects.
Garlic is low in calories, but high in nutrients, such as vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, fiber, and selenium. Naturally strengthens the immune system helping the body fight infection. A daily dose of garlic reduces the number of colds by 63%, and can reduce the average duration of cold symptoms by 70%.
1. Boost the immune system with honey infused in raw garlic
- 500 ml of pure honey
- 6-8 garlic cloves minced
- Place the minced garlic in the bottom of a glass. Then fill the rest of the jar with honey.
- Place the jar near a south-facing window. By the next month the garlic juice will have been released into the honey. After this waiting time, it is ready to be used.
2. Honey infusion with roasted garlic
This is another alternative to prepare honey-infused garlic, which will also provide you with the same benefits to boost your immune system.
- 250 grams of pure honey
- 30 grams of dry white wine
- 15 grams of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- A few grains of white pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- To peel the garlic cloves. Mix the white wine and olive oil.
- Put the garlic on a square of parchment paper and place in a baking dish.
- Pour the olive oil and white wine over the garlic. Then sprinkle with sea salt and finally add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Close the paper and then place the plate in the oven
- Roast the garlic for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the garlic cloves turn golden and the smell permeates the kitchen.
- Extract the garlic from the paper and crush it with a fork, along with the remaining olive oil and white wine juice. Stir the honey into the roasted garlic. Then add some cracked white peppercorns.
- Pour the result into a jar and close it hermetically. The infused honey will last for at least 2 months.
You have your preparation ready to take advantage of all its benefits and boost the immune system with garlic infused in honey.