Collagen is a protein that our body needs to maintain our skin and bones, when there is a lack in the production of this protein, our body is affected, loses tone, the skin becomes less shiny, dry and wrinkled, so you can Avoid these consequences, which are an unequivocal sign that the years are passing. Today we bring you a list of plants that increase your collagen.
Collagen is a protein produced naturally by our body that, without a doubt, can be a great contribution to keeping the skin healthy and elastic. As we age, its production in our body decreases, so it is necessary to supplement, if desired, externally with the use of natural collagen-based cosmetics.
However, it can also be obtained with natural remedies such as plants that provide collagen, which help increase production. and maintain adequate levels of this substance in the epithelial cells, to stop the appearance of wrinkles. Here are some herbs or plants that we can make for ourselves.
Plants and infusions that will increase your collagen
Collagen is the main protein in the body’s tissues, it is 40% of the human skeleton, hence its production is really important, but as time passes this production decreases, bringing consequences to our body and skin. We will give some plants that increase your collagen and will help you not to suffer these consequences early.
- Horsetail: contains silicon, which is the material that makes connective tissue and is the main ingredient in collagen.
- Fucus algae: has antibacterial properties, stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
- Calendula: increases the proteins that produce collagen, increasing the amount of it in your body.
- White tea: prevents the breakdown of collagen and elastin and is rich in antioxidants.
- Green tea: prevents sagging and contains antioxidants that repair cells and prevent the signs of aging.
- Blueberry: Protects cells from excess free radicals, contains a high level of antioxidants that repair the body’s cells, giving the skin a better appearance and shine.
- Pomegranate extract: ideal for sensitive skin that already has symptoms of dryness, this extract has healing and soothing properties, which help this type of skin and also maintains its tone and elasticity.
- Phytessence wakame seaweed: tones and prevents the enzyme hyaluronidase from stealing the proteins that give elasticity to the skin.
- Calendula: The application of products based on this plant on the face can not only reduce wrinkles but also prevent them, this is because calendula stimulates the production of collagen in the body; it also has excellent healing properties.
- Gotu kola: Used since ancient times to treat wounds naturally, it can increase collagen production, as it helps to rebuild connective tissues in a healthy way, without the formation of scars, giving beauty to the skin. The triterpenes it contains help heal small wounds on the skin.
- Aloe vera: This plant contains high amounts of collagen. Research from the University of Colorado-Denver has shown that aloe vera can heal wounds by increasing collagen production, even by 90%. See studies and research.
- Blueberry plant : The blueberry plant helps maintain stable collagen levels, especially in tendons, ligaments and cartilage, because it contains anthocyanosides, powerful antioxidants that protect and strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries.
- Persimmon leaves: demonstrated an anti-wrinkle and skin lightening effect comparable to the effect of hydroquinone, with no side effects.
- Hops extract: Hops extracts (Humulus lupulus L) are also useful in the prevention of skin aging and in the treatment of sagging skin, stretch marks and sagging…
- Saponified evening primrose oil: this oil exerts a pigment whitening effect by inhibiting the expression of tyrosinase and related enzymes; therefore, this effect may be related to the high proportions of linoleic acid released by saponification of evening primrose oil [
Some herbal extracts and hydrolyzate collagen have been shown through a series of tests and studies to improve skin damage resulting from UV-induced aging.
There are many studies that confirm a fact that the grandmothers, and that from natural medicine in ancient times already intuited and knew through experience, herbs and infusions can increase collagen and improve the health of our skin.